Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > E-mail

E-mail

Mark Sprague

I just updated to a cable internet provider and now can't send any e-mails.
I can access the WWW and receive mail, but when I try to send one I get the
following message: error 550 unauthorized access 0x800CCC69. Can anyone
help?

Asterix

Hi Mark,
I assume that you use Outlook Express.

It is very simple.... Open Outlook Express and go to "Tools" from the
dropdown select "Accounts", highlight the mail account from your ISP that
won't send, and click on "properties" the window that pops up select the
second tab "Servers" an put a v check mark on the bottom where is says "My
server requires authentication" hit "Apply" and you should be all set.

Let me know if you run in any problems.

"Mark Sprague" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_Creb.381324$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> I just updated to a cable internet provider and now can't send any

e-mails.
> I can access the WWW and receive mail, but when I try to send one I get

the
> following message: error 550 unauthorized access 0x800CCC69. Can anyone
> help?

Mark Sprague

Yes, I'm using Outlook Express. I tried that already but it didn't work.
My ISP Tech Support then informed me that I should leave that box unchecked
as they don't require that setting (be checked). Maybe it has to do with
the port (25) being unabled? I'm able to post here using the same program
(Outlook Express) but it uses a different port. I'm stumped...

"Asterix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tOseb.32609$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Mark,
> I assume that you use Outlook Express.
>
> It is very simple.... Open Outlook Express and go to "Tools" from the
> dropdown select "Accounts", highlight the mail account from your ISP that
> won't send, and click on "properties" the window that pops up select the
> second tab "Servers" an put a v check mark on the bottom where is says "My
> server requires authentication" hit "Apply" and you should be all set.
>
> Let me know if you run in any problems.
>
> "Mark Sprague" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_Creb.381324$(E-Mail Removed). net...
> > I just updated to a cable internet provider and now can't send any

> e-mails.
> > I can access the WWW and receive mail, but when I try to send one I get

> the
> > following message: error 550 unauthorized access 0x800CCC69. Can

anyone
> > help?

Boomer

Mark Sprague wrote:

> Yes, I'm using Outlook Express. I tried that already but it
> didn't work. My ISP Tech Support then informed me that I should
> leave that box unchecked as they don't require that setting (be
> checked). Maybe it has to do with the port (25) being unabled?
> I'm able to post here using the same program (Outlook Express)
> but it uses a different port. I'm stumped...

Did you ask your Tech Support about port 25 being blocked?