Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > beware

beware

Jim Prather

The virus protection providers are the root of all the virus
emails so they can sell more software.

Jammer

Microsoft Outlook XP should block all attachments with exe , but it's
getting through, so I wander.

--
Jammer
"Jim Prather" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The virus protection providers are the root of all the virus
> emails so they can sell more software.

Phastbiker

I believe that! What keeps 'em from doing it! NOTHING... I will never PAY
for antivirus...

"Jim Prather" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The virus protection providers are the root of all the virus
> emails so they can sell more software.

Greg M

Could you wander to M$ Update and get the critical patches for your
Outhouse Express.

"Jammer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Zrqeb.1079$(E-Mail Removed):

> Microsoft Outlook XP should block all attachments with exe , but
> it's getting through, so I wander.
>
> --
> Jammer
> "Jim Prather" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The virus protection providers are the root of all the virus
>> emails so they can sell more software.

monique

that's how i feel
because when i had antivirus i would get 2 or 3 a month
since i stop the anti virus over a year ago i haven't had a virus yet
except the abundance of microsoft mail presently

moniquew

"Jim Prather" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The virus protection providers are the root of all the virus
> emails so they can sell more software.

TRADESMAN

Intriuging.... where??
Upstairs downstairs and in my ladies chamber?

Jammer wrote:
> Microsoft Outlook XP should block all attachments with exe , but it's
> getting through, so I wander.
>
>> The virus protection providers are the root of all the virus
>> emails so they can sell more software.

Petit Alexi

"Jammer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Zrqeb.1079$(E-Mail Removed):

> Microsoft Outlook XP should block all attachments with exe , but it's
> getting through, so I wander.

You don't have to run the attachments anymore, there is an ancient flaw
that means Outlook Express and Outlook will try to run it automatically
if the user just 'previews' the message.

I'm not a Microsoft hater, but I do get a bit frustrated that the very
clear information that Microsoft provides about security and Viruses
isn't more widely known.

Microsoft security home:
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/>

How to tell if a Microsoft security email is genuine:
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/authenticate_mail.asp>

Where to find Microsoft security patches:
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/security/essays/secpatch.asp>

Ten immutable laws of security:
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/columns/security/essays/10imlaws.asp>

I haven't mentioned the OP's comment about Viruses coming from
Anti-Virus software makers because, well, just because.

Why SelectedIndexChanged event for DropDownList sometimes did not fired or beware of the same values in VALUE property hal ASP .Net 2 09-13-2004 12:39 PM
BEWARE OF GODADDY--EXTORTION Anonymous HTML 2 05-26-2004 07:17 PM
JKorpela BEWARE !! PW HTML 9 03-05-2004 03:43 PM
Beware of scorpion53061(theft) IAmIronMan ASP .Net 4 12-24-2003 09:46 PM
Linux users beware too..... Whitecrest HTML 24 12-04-2003 03:22 AM

Advertisments