Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Uninstalling AVG Antivirus

Uninstalling AVG Antivirus

Phastbiker

he he, well kinda already went that route without deleting folders and
registry enties prior to re-installing. Need to do again to make sure i did
it right. I downloaded free ver again a bit ago and reinstalled OVER or at
least i thought it was over the original install... I was able to run a
uninstall successfully from the start menu and it removed, restarted, and
then came back up and the old install and was still there and kicking,
expired, the same as before! See my fustration? I will do better cleanup,
folders, registry... make sure i install in same dir as original install and
give it another go. burp. last try because i'm getting to high!
-
phastbiker
( . ) ( . )

"Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SJqeb.3888$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Phastbiker said:
>
> > it's expired

> Bugger.
> Only thing I can think of then, is to delete the folder as suggested,

reboot and
> install the free version, free up Outlook and then uninstall AVG after.
> Worth a try, and might save a bit of messing with the registry.
>

> > "Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:wAqeb.3885$(E-Mail Removed)...

that

> >> Can't you go through the AVG settings to free up Outlook first, then

scrap
> >> it?

it

Steve

I've been using it (FREE VERSION) for about three years now. No problems at
all except that I can't run the game Freecell at the same time (Freecell
just locks up).
I suspect that you didn't bother registering the free version. If you
register it (which is free), they will notify you of definition updates and
give you (for free) a registration number that keeps it working forever
(well at least three years) and they don't even bug you with marketing
shite. If you don't want to give out your e-mail address, open up a hotmail
account and register from there.

Oh yes, and I haven't had any virus infections.
I think that you will find that all anti-virus programs can detect the same
viruses.

Thanks AVG - great freebee

"Phastbiker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> had 45 day trial or something... It has expired and not saying free
> anymore. I want it off anyhow because it's really not even close to the
> best antivirus.
>

> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bldbh1$9j8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > AVG Antivirus is a good freebie! why are you wanting to Uninstall it?
> >
> > "Brian Berry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Uninstalling... get:
> > > ****
> > > Local machine: prepared for the installation
> > > Actions plan:
> > > Error: Internal error. Setup parameter "RunOnceParam" is not

> > defined
> > > ****
> > > Need fix plz. Tried many of things but not able to completely get it
> > > removed cleanly. The damn ****!
> > >
> > > Any help will be taken and used with much appreciation.
> > >
> > > Thx
> > > Phastbiker
> > > ( . ) ( . )
> > >

> > ---

---

Steve

If you are determined to remove this super little program, then reinstall
it, as previously described. Go onto the Grisoft website and register it
(its free, and you can always do it from a hotmail account). Enter the
registration code and it should work perfectly (depending on whether you've
screwed thing up too much trying to uninstall it).
At this point you may well decide that you want to keep it (it is probably
the best anti-virus at the price - free updates forever, complete and custom
scans, removable media scans, integration possible with outlook and outlook
express, virus checking of zip archives etc.)
If not, then remove integration from outlook, winzip, and anything else that
you have integrated it with. Shut AVG down (make sure that it's not sitting
in your systray).
Click on "Uninstall AVG" and go and make yourself a nice cup of tea.

"Phastbiker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, beer on empty stomach lowers my Brain waves so i cannot have good
> grammer... HA burp
>
> "Phastbiker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Thanks BrianH. It's intergrated with Outlook at the moment and I want

> that
> > clean well also. What do you think?
> >

> > "Brian H" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:Hfqeb.3879$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > defined

it

> > > Delete the AVG folder, reboot and run a reg cleaner to clean up the

> > remaining
> > > mess.

---