Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express is Paranoid!

Outlook Express is Paranoid!

Brian H¹©

yellow submarine said:

> and
> means?

It means exactly what it says.

> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Howard ALEXANDER wrote:
>>> OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
>>> attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they may
>>> pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting a
>>> file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating. Cannot for the life
>>> of me work out how to switch this big brother device OFF!! Could
>>> someone help me open a freakin' pdf file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

>> Try to not be so pompous and READ some posts about this (approx some TENS of
>> THOUSANDS)
>>
>> --
>> Google is your Friend
>> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
>> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

yellow submarine

ok
"

Gordon Burgess-Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> > yellow submarine wrote:
> >> and
> >> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> >> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> >> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
> >> means?
> >>
> >> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > Nothing to do with me!

> that's interesting - must be my ISP adding that below my sig! never seen
> that before........
>
> --
> Google is your Friend
> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

PC

"Howard ALEXANDER" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blcl0a$vj9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few attachments
> that outlook express will not let me open as they may pose a threat to

world
> peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting a file and cannot open it,

it's
> kinda irritating. Cannot for the life of me work out how to switch this

big
> brother device OFF!! Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf file
> please!!!!!!!!!!!?

Job I was at yesterday the client complained of this problem which I fixed
with the usual tools/security/untick..... for which they were thankfull.

"It made it easier for them to read their Club newsletter"
(in this case it was a .pdf also)

So they had been reading them anyhow!!!!

How?

Open email with attachment,
Forward,
Open the now freely accessable (.pdf) attachment in the 'Forwarded' email.

So much for MS's preventing the opening of emails that may contain a

Yo'all have nice day now

Paul