Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express is Paranoid!

Outlook Express is Paranoid!

Howard ALEXANDER

OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few attachments
that outlook express will not let me open as they may pose a threat to world
peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting a file and cannot open it, it's
kinda irritating. Cannot for the life of me work out how to switch this big
brother device OFF!! Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf file
please!!!!!!!!!!!?

Boomer

Howard ALEXANDER wrote:

> OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
> attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they
> may pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm
> expecting a file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating.
> Cannot for the life of me work out how to switch this big
> brother device OFF!! Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf
> file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

Hopefully this will help.

Can Not Open Attachments OE6

OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6 (Q291387)
http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q291387

Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow
attachments
to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

Jammer

Once again. Tools > Options > Security

--
Jammer

In news:blcl0a$vj9$(E-Mail Removed),
Howard ALEXANDER <(E-Mail Removed)> typed: with a
> OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
> attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they may
> pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting a
> file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating. Cannot for the life
> of me work out how to switch this big brother device OFF!! Could
> someone help me open a freakin' pdf file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

yellow submarine

boy, how many people have this problem?
this post has been scanned by McAfee virus scan. No virus detected.
news:3f79d8b3$0$10003$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
> Howard ALEXANDER wrote:
>
> > OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
> > attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they
> > may pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm
> > expecting a file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating.
> > Cannot for the life of me work out how to switch this big
> > brother device OFF!! Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf
> > file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

> Hopefully this will help.
>
> Can Not Open Attachments OE6
>
> OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6 (Q291387)
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/...;en-us;Q291387
>
> Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow
> attachments
> to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

Gordon Burgess-Parker

Howard ALEXANDER wrote:
> OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
> attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they may
> pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting a
> file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating. Cannot for the life
> of me work out how to switch this big brother device OFF!! Could
> someone help me open a freakin' pdf file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

Try to not be so pompous and READ some posts about this (approx some TENS of
THOUSANDS)

--
Google is your Friend
gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

Boomer

yellow submarine wrote:

> boy, how many people have this problem?
> this post has been scanned by McAfee virus scan. No virus
> detected.

How did you scan that post?

"Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message
> news:3f79d8b3$0$10003$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...
>> Howard ALEXANDER wrote:
>>
>> > OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
>> > attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they
>> > may pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm
>> > expecting a file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating.
>> > Cannot for the life of me work out how to switch this big
>> > brother device OFF!! Could someone help me open a freakin'
>> > pdf file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

>> Hopefully this will help.
>>
>> Can Not Open Attachments OE6
>>
>> OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
>> (Q291387)
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/...d=kb;en-us;Q29
>> 1387
>>
>> Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow
>> attachments
>> to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

yellow submarine

McAfee says it does it itself. It automatically added that sig. I have
removed it.

news:3f79dc3d$0$12523$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> yellow submarine wrote:
>
> > boy, how many people have this problem?
> > this post has been scanned by McAfee virus scan. No virus
> > detected.

> How did you scan that post?
>
> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > message
> > news:3f79d8b3$0$10003$(E-Mail Removed) enews.net...

> >> Hopefully this will help.
> >>
> >> Can Not Open Attachments OE6
> >>
> >> OLEXP: Using Virus Protection Features in Outlook Express 6
> >> (Q291387)
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/...d=kb;en-us;Q29
> >> 1387
> >>
> >> Tools> Options> Security Tab and uncheck the "Do not allow
> >> attachments
> >> to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" box.

yellow submarine

and
means?

"Gordon Burgess-Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Howard ALEXANDER wrote:
> > OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
> > attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they may
> > pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting a
> > file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating. Cannot for the life
> > of me work out how to switch this big brother device OFF!! Could
> > someone help me open a freakin' pdf file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

> Try to not be so pompous and READ some posts about this (approx some TENS

of
> THOUSANDS)
>
> --
> Google is your Friend
> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Gordon Burgess-Parker

yellow submarine wrote:
> and
> means?
>
> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Howard ALEXANDER wrote:
>>> OK - Since installing Windows Xtra Paranoid I have had a few
>>> attachments that outlook express will not let me open as they may
>>> pose a threat to world peace or something. Anyway, if I'm expecting
>>> a file and cannot open it, it's kinda irritating. Cannot for the
>>> life of me work out how to switch this big brother device OFF!!
>>> Could someone help me open a freakin' pdf file please!!!!!!!!!!!?

>> Try to not be so pompous and READ some posts about this (approx some
>> TENS of THOUSANDS)
>>
>> --
>> Google is your Friend
>> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
>> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Nothing to do with me!

--

Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> yellow submarine wrote:
>> and
>> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
>> means?
>>
>> "Gordon Burgess-Parker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Try to not be so pompous and READ some posts about this (approx some
>>> TENS of THOUSANDS)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Google is your Friend
>>> Email address deliberately false to avoid spam:
>>> gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
>>> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

>>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>>> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

> Nothing to do with me!

that's interesting - must be my ISP adding that below my sig! never seen
that before........