Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dual O/S newbie Question

Dual O/S newbie Question

Dave Thomas

Running Me and XP.

What is the correct way to setup hardware device, like USB Network adapter,
which requires different drivers for each O/S?

TIA

Dave T

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Dave Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Running Me and XP.
>
> What is the correct way to setup hardware device, like USB Network

adapter,
> which requires different drivers for each O/S?

You install it in each OS.

Did you expect any other answer?

RwP

yellow submarine

did it (they) come with a disk(s)?
"Dave Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Running Me and XP.
>
> What is the correct way to setup hardware device, like USB Network

adapter,
> which requires different drivers for each O/S?
>
> TIA
>
> Dave T

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

Dave Thomas wrote:
> Running Me and XP.
>
> What is the correct way to setup hardware device, like USB Network adapter,
> which requires different drivers for each O/S?
>
> TIA
>
> Dave T

Create each OS in seperate partitions - as you start up each OS, it will
prompt you for the drivers when they detect whatever you have.

Think of it as doing a "clean install" - twice over.

BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

Dave Thomas

Yes, I have latest drivers for Me and XP BUT there doesn't appear to be any
separation between the different systems!

"yellow submarine" <I (E-Mail Removed)_want no spam> wrote in
message news:tGkeb.38005$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> did it (they) come with a disk(s)?
> "Dave Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> > Running Me and XP.
> >
> > What is the correct way to setup hardware device, like USB Network

> adapter,
> > which requires different drivers for each O/S?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dave T

philo

"Dave Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> Yes, I have latest drivers for Me and XP BUT there doesn't appear to be

any
> separation between the different systems!

ideally you'd install each OS on it;s own partition

you are looking for trouble if you install each OS on the same partition!