Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > start w. xp in dos mode?

start w. xp in dos mode?

al

How do I start win xp.corp in Dos mode.Is it possible at all?
thank's in advance
al

SirOsisOfThuliver

al wrote:

> How do I start win xp.corp in Dos mode.Is it possible at all?
> thank's in advance
> al

Create an MS-DOS startup disk, allowing you to boot into DOS:

1. Insert a floppy disk into your computer's floppy drive.
2. Open My Computer, and then right-click the floppy disk drive.
3. Click Format.
4. Under Format options, click Create an MS-DOS startup disk check box.
5. Click Start.

Creating an MS-DOS startup disk erases all information on the floppy disk.

To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.
The MS-DOS startup disk only allows the system to boot into an MS-DOS
prompt. The disk contains no additional tools.

philo

"al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blcb7n$aqmtk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> How do I start win xp.corp in Dos mode.Is it possible at all?
> thank's in advance
> al

you cannot run any NT based OS in dos if it's on an NTFS partition

if fat32 you may use a win9x boot disk