Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Modem driver

Modem driver

Emrys Davies

My OS is W98 SE, OE6 and IE6.

I have a Conexant HCF PCI Modem (Internal)

Does any part of that description indicate the version/model of the
modem.

If not, am I likely to find it on the modem in the system unit.

I do not need a driver. Just researching.

Thanks a lot,
Emrys Davies.

Patrick

Emrys Davies wrote:
> My OS is W98 SE, OE6 and IE6.
>
> I have a Conexant HCF PCI Modem (Internal)
>
> Does any part of that description indicate the version/model of the
> modem.
>
> If not, am I likely to find it on the modem in the system unit.
>
> I do not need a driver. Just researching.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Emrys Davies.

Here's a site (link below), that tells you how to get more information on
said Modem;

http://members.cnx.net/reboot/modems/

EricP

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:39:10 +0100, " Emrys Davies" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My OS is W98 SE, OE6 and IE6.
>
>I have a Conexant HCF PCI Modem (Internal)
>
>Does any part of that description indicate the version/model of the
>modem.
>
>If not, am I likely to find it on the modem in the system unit.
>
>I do not need a driver. Just researching.
>
>Thanks a lot,
>Emrys Davies.

No, there's more versions of them than Chinese Takeaways.

The only sure way is to remove the thing and make a note of all the
peculiar numbers on it and look them up in Google.(particularly the
FCC number, that can be very revealing)

What you have in the machine, and will report back via software
interrogation, wll reflect the already installed modem driver. This
may be incorrect. (I won't mention finding drivers for an old modem
under XP)

Emrys Davies

Thanks a lot to you both. Most helpful.

Regards,