Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WIN ME

WIN ME

medgil

My notebook is a Gateway 5300. I was in the process to getting to the
initial setting.
I was unable to complete the process because the computer booted itself and
came with this message: "The following file is missing or corrupted:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD..... I'm running Windows ME
When I click on Safe Mode it takes me back to the C: prompt. Please help.
I just move to my new place and I can find a reboot disk. Can anyone help?
Thanks

--
GILBERTO MEDINA

Harrison

Just a comment: You have one of the worst Operating Systems combined
with one of the worst hardware configurations known to man.

Sorry...had to say it.

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:13:46 GMT, "medgil" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>My notebook is a Gateway 5300. I was in the process to getting to the
>initial setting.
> I was unable to complete the process because the computer booted itself and
>came with this message: "The following file is missing or corrupted:
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD..... I'm running Windows ME
>When I click on Safe Mode it takes me back to the C: prompt. Please help.
>I just move to my new place and I can find a reboot disk. Can anyone help?
>Thanks

Another Airnet User

In article <F4heb.378911$(E-Mail Removed)> , http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

>My notebook is a Gateway 5300. I was in the process to getting to the
>initial setting.
> I was unable to complete the process because the computer booted itself and
>came with this message: "The following file is missing or corrupted:
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD..... I'm running Windows ME
>When I click on Safe Mode it takes me back to the C: prompt. Please help.
>I just move to my new place and I can find a reboot disk. Can anyone help?
>Thanks

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...40TK2MSFTNGP09

Sorry if it line wraps. If so, copy and paste into your browser in pieces.

Source search:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=VM...=Google+Search