Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > e-Trust AV download over 100 percent??

e-Trust AV download over 100 percent??

olfart

When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent and
continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else notice
this???

Sharon

olfart wrote:
> When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent and
> continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else notice
> this???

Although I have e-Trust set for auto update, I clicked on manual update
after reading your post. It downloaded and installed just fine. Reboot
your computer and try again.

Sharon

°Mike°

Use FTP is ever you get this problem.

ftp://ftpez.ca.com/pub/myeTrust/sigs/10.5/aup_4937.exe

ftp://ftpez.ca.com/pub/myeTrust/sigs/10.5/

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:15:10 -0400, in
<blc363$9oths$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
olfart scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

olfart

"Sharon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blcev0$ai61b$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> olfart wrote:
> > When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent

and
> > continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else

notice
> > this???
> >

> Although I have e-Trust set for auto update, I clicked on manual update
> after reading your post. It downloaded and installed just fine. Reboot
> your computer and try again.
>
> Sharon

It finally worked OK. Was concerned something else was being sneaked into
the download that I didn't want. Thanks

Lord Avner Williamsburr Smythe

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blc363$9oths$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent and
> continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else notice
> this???

What do you expect? e-Trust sucks and only idiots use it.

Penguin

olfart wrote:
>When downloading data file 4937 the auto download reaches 100 percent and
>continues downloading. I cancelled it at 130 per cent. Anyone else notice
>this???

Greetings olfart;

I use eTrust and manually select the "auto download" option from the
Tools menu when I want to check for updates, generally once per day.

There have been a few times over the last five months or so when it
downloads and continues past 100%, even getting as high as 175%. Then
when it finishes and you check for updates again it tells you that
same update is available.

I only run into that problem during the middle of the day when I
assume eTrust has high usage on their servers (I'm on a dialup modem,
btw). If I log in again at around 11:00pm PT or later the update
loads just fine.

Like I said, I check for updates usually once per day and that problem
has come up on average less than once per month. Not a bad record in
my book. Just understand that a high load on their servers may be the
problem and just allow for it. That's my way of dealing with it

Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
-Chris