Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Booting from a USB Hard Drive

Booting from a USB Hard Drive

PW

I have a Celeron 800, running windows 98SE

Is is possible to boot from a USB hard drive, with win 98 SE installed

Is there any software that available that will enable me to do this.

Is my hardware / bios too old to be able to do this.

Harrison

It would be in the BIOS setup in the "boot device" section if the
system can support it. Otherwise, you may want to research the
possibility of booting to a floppy which in turn points to an OS on
the USB.