Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook 2002

Outlook 2002

Ron B

Recently, I have updated a lot of email addresses in my contacts but
when I go to get the email address in TO: it continues to show the old
email address. Any suggestions on how to refresh the data.

Thanks
Ron

Harrison

Clearing saved AutoComplete e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002

When typing an address into the To:, Cc: or Bcc: lines of a new
message in Outlook 2002, Outlook will use AutoComplete and
automatically suggest an address based on addresses it has cached.

To turn off this feature, so that addresses are never suggested, go to
the Tools pull-down menu, choose Options, then click the E-Mail
Options button, and the Advanced E-mail Options button. Uncheck the
box for "Suggest names while completing the To, Cc and Bcc fields".

To remove one address from the list so that it won't be suggested
again, open a new message and begin typing in the address. Use the up
and down arrow keys to select the address to be removed from the
addresses suggested. When the address to be removed is highlighted,
hit the Delete key.

To remove all the saved addresses, delete the .nk2 file where Outlook
stores them. The file is normally located in Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder for each Outlook profile.

or........

Did you create a new contacts folder?
If so, right-click the new folder and choose Properties, then go to
the Outlook Address Book tab and make sure the "Use this folder as an
e-mail address book" option is checked.

or........

Nicknames for AutoResolution *.nick files
Nicknames for AutoComplete *.nk2 files

Make backups, then edit the files as you see fit.

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 02:15:51 GMT, Ron B <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Recently, I have updated a lot of email addresses in my contacts but
>when I go to get the email address in TO: it continues to show the old
>email address. Any suggestions on how to refresh the data.
>
>Thanks
>Ron

Ron B

I don't think that I am making myself clear, when you click on the TO:
and the dialog box appears the old email addresses are still showing not
the updated addresses.

Thanks

Harrison wrote:
> Clearing saved AutoComplete e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002
>
> When typing an address into the To:, Cc: or Bcc: lines of a new
> message in Outlook 2002, Outlook will use AutoComplete and
> automatically suggest an address based on addresses it has cached.
>
> To turn off this feature, so that addresses are never suggested, go to
> the Tools pull-down menu, choose Options, then click the E-Mail
> Options button, and the Advanced E-mail Options button. Uncheck the
> box for "Suggest names while completing the To, Cc and Bcc fields".
>
> To remove one address from the list so that it won't be suggested
> again, open a new message and begin typing in the address. Use the up
> and down arrow keys to select the address to be removed from the
> addresses suggested. When the address to be removed is highlighted,
> hit the Delete key.
>
> To remove all the saved addresses, delete the .nk2 file where Outlook
> stores them. The file is normally located in Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder for each Outlook profile.
>

> or........
>
> Did you create a new contacts folder?
> If so, right-click the new folder and choose Properties, then go to
> the Outlook Address Book tab and make sure the "Use this folder as an
> e-mail address book" option is checked.
>

> or........
>
> Nicknames for AutoResolution *.nick files
> Nicknames for AutoComplete *.nk2 files
>
> Make backups, then edit the files as you see fit.
>

> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 02:15:51 GMT, Ron B <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Recently, I have updated a lot of email addresses in my contacts but
>>when I go to get the email address in TO: it continues to show the old
>>email address. Any suggestions on how to refresh the data.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Ron

Harrison

I still think it's linking to the nk2 file, but I could be wrong.
Try posting your question to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts if you
have tried my suggestions and not achieved the desired results.