Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Utility to scan graphics file content?

Utility to scan graphics file content?

OneGuy

That is to say. Is there a util that can say... determine what files in a
set possibly contain (x percent) flesh tones indicating possible
inappropriate content without looking at all the thumbs. Just runs in the
background and writes to a text file with the path and name of suspect
files?

Looked all over and can't find.

Maybe I should write one?

Thanks

why?

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:53:22 -0400, OneGuy wrote:

>That is to say. Is there a util that can say... determine what files in a
>set possibly contain (x percent) flesh tones indicating possible
>inappropriate content without looking at all the thumbs. Just runs in the
>background and writes to a text file with the path and name of suspect
>files?
>
>Looked all over and can't find.

Um... how odd it's been a hot topic for many years.

>Maybe I should write one?

Look harder....
http://www.google.com/search?q=graph...tone+detection
that's only 4 keywords in one particular order.

Me

HamMan

"OneGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bla2jt$96cn2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> That is to say. Is there a util that can say... determine what files in a
> set possibly contain (x percent) flesh tones indicating possible
> inappropriate content without looking at all the thumbs. Just runs in the
> background and writes to a text file with the path and name of suspect
> files?
>
> Looked all over and can't find.
>
> Maybe I should write one?
>
> Thanks

Ah so you you want a network porn detector, why did you say so?

Richard

OneGuy wrote:

> That is to say. Is there a util that can say... determine what files
> in a
> set possibly contain (x percent) flesh tones indicating possible
> inappropriate content without looking at all the thumbs. Just runs in
> the
> background and writes to a text file with the path and name of suspect
> files?

> Looked all over and can't find.

> Maybe I should write one?

> Thanks

Problem is, there are way to many variables that would have to be looked at.
What if the image is black and white?
What is inappropriate to you may be not be to somebody else.
It's like defining art.
If someone were to write such an animal, they'd become instant millionaire's
and then some.
Specially if it could be used on a home PC.

OneGuy

Found it! www.hyperdynesoftware.com (snitch pro)
Someone has wrote exactly what I was looking for! Cheap too. Quite please
with the results without tweaking it. Works on net drives and local pc.

Anyway, I know porn when I see it. Don't you?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...