Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Customised boot screen

Customised boot screen

John Els

I have a e-machines computer, and when I boot up windows xp I get the
E-machines logo and not the normal bios stuff, then I get the normal windows
logo, how do I get rid of e-machines logo?

MANY THANKS
John.

---

Robert Larson

get a eprom burner and make a backup of your flash then build a custom one..

search for something like bios hacks in google...
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You probably can't as most PC manufactures build that into the bios on
> purpose.
>
> --
> Rob B
> http://www.techhowto.org
>

> "John Els" <John.els@(nospam)btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> news:bl9onr$ki4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a e-machines computer, and when I boot up windows xp I get the
> > E-machines logo and not the normal bios stuff, then I get the normal

> windows
> > logo, how do I get rid of e-machines logo?
> >
> > MANY THANKS
> > John.
> >

> > ---

Rob

You probably can't as most PC manufactures build that into the bios on
purpose.

--
Rob B
http://www.techhowto.org

"John Els" <John.els@(nospam)btopenworld.com> wrote in message
news:bl9onr$ki4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a e-machines computer, and when I boot up windows xp I get the
> E-machines logo and not the normal bios stuff, then I get the normal

windows
> logo, how do I get rid of e-machines logo?
>
> MANY THANKS
> John.
>

> ---

Harrison

Many BIOS's will allow you to disable the logo screen.
IBM does for sure. Look around in the BIOS setup and see if you see
such an option.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:12:13 -0400, "Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You probably can't as most PC manufactures build that into the bios on
>purpose.
>
>--
>Rob B
>http://www.techhowto.org
>

>"John Els" <John.els@(nospam)btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>news:bl9onr$ki4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a e-machines computer, and when I boot up windows xp I get the
>> E-machines logo and not the normal bios stuff, then I get the normal

>windows
>> logo, how do I get rid of e-machines logo?
>>
>> MANY THANKS
>> John.
>>

>> ---

Steve

e-machines logo is built into their customised Bios and cannot be removed
(apart from replacing the Bios chip). If you don't like the e-machine logo,
the most simple solution is to go and make yourself a cup of tea while your
machine boots up

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You probably can't as most PC manufactures build that into the bios on
> purpose.
>
> --
> Rob B
> http://www.techhowto.org
>

> "John Els" <John.els@(nospam)btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> news:bl9onr$ki4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a e-machines computer, and when I boot up windows xp I get the
> > E-machines logo and not the normal bios stuff, then I get the normal

> windows
> > logo, how do I get rid of e-machines logo?
> >
> > MANY THANKS
> > John.
> >

> > ---

---

customised gridview control? =?Utf-8?B?Tkg=?= ASP .Net 2 10-27-2006 01:55 PM
Gridview Customised Delete action Rabbit ASP .Net 3 03-22-2006 02:25 AM
Serialisation problem on customised object ickz Java 1 05-13-2005 08:32 AM
customised login form? riusbond C++ 3 02-28-2005 05:04 PM
Customised web controls in a data list/repeator Steve Lloyd ASP .Net 2 05-19-2004 10:22 PM

Advertisments