Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > S Video

S Video

Bhoona

Hi,

I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the TV.
Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am getting is sound through the laptop

Do I need another cable for sound too??

cheers
Bhoona

Boomer

Bhoona wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the
> TV. Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am
> getting is sound through the laptop
>
> Do I need another cable for sound too??
>
> cheers
> Bhoona

[snip the HTML crap]

Please turn of the HTML and post in plain text. Thanks.

Bhoona wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the
> TV. Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am
> getting is sound through the laptop
>
> Do I need another cable for sound too??
>
> cheers
> Bhoona
> "Bhoona" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:AyZdb.617$(E-Mail Removed)9.net... Hi,
>
> I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to
> the TV. Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all
> I am getting is sound through the laptop
>
> Do I need another cable for sound too??
>
> cheers
> Bhoona

[snip the HTML CRAP]

Post in PLAIN text. Turn off the HTML...PLEASE.

Bhoona

I have turned off HTML!!!

news:3f786e79$0$12542$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Bhoona wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the
> > TV. Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am
> > getting is sound through the laptop
> >
> > Do I need another cable for sound too??
> >
> > cheers
> > Bhoona
> > "Bhoona" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:AyZdb.617$(E-Mail Removed)9.net... Hi,
> >
> > I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to
> > the TV. Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all
> > I am getting is sound through the laptop
> >
> > Do I need another cable for sound too??
> >
> > cheers
> > Bhoona

> [snip the HTML CRAP]
>
> Post in PLAIN text. Turn off the HTML...PLEASE.

Sparky

The S-Video cable just carries video. Most laptops port out the sound
through a headphone jack. You'll need a cable with a miniplug for the
laptop on one side, and whichever kind of connectors you need for your TV on
the other end. Usually 2 RCA plugs, one for left and one for right. Simple
to pick up.

Bhoona wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the TV.
> Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am getting is
> sound through the laptop
>
> Do I need another cable for sound too??
>
> cheers
> Bhoona

Bebop & Rocksteady

> I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the TV.
> Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am getting is
> sound through the laptop

> Do I need another cable for sound too??

S-Video only carries Video signal
Yes you need a cable for sound. You could try using the the headphone
jack as suggested buy someone else

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

Chu-Chu

In article <HR_db.1737$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Sparky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The S-Video cable just carries video. Most laptops port out the sound
> through a headphone jack. You'll need a cable with a miniplug for the
> laptop on one side, and whichever kind of connectors you need for your TV on
> the other end. Usually 2 RCA plugs, one for left and one for right. Simple
> to pick up.
>
> Bhoona wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently got a S Video cable to connect my laptop to the TV.
> > Does sound go through the S video cable too. coz all I am getting is
> > sound through the laptop
> >
> > Do I need another cable for sound too??
> >
> > cheers
> > Bhoona

I do this with my laptop and hook it up to my surround receiver. I
watched all of Buffy's final season in XVID with "6 channel stereo
surround sound." It was sweet!