Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Problem with e-mails

Problem with e-mails

Tristan

Hello,

I am puzzled that I can go online easily enough - usually through Outlook
Express - but when I am there my mail cannot go in or out. The message tells
me that the SMTP server has not responded.
The settings have been checked and are unchanged - but sometimes they seem
to let me down, while other times they work.
Currently I am using XP Home, and OE V6.

Can someone give me some advice?

Thank you,

Tris.

Brian H

Tristan said:

> Hello,
>
> I am puzzled that I can go online easily enough - usually through Outlook
> Express - but when I am there my mail cannot go in or out. The message tells
> me that the SMTP server has not responded.
> The settings have been checked and are unchanged - but sometimes they seem
> to let me down, while other times they work.
> Currently I am using XP Home, and OE V6.
>
> Can someone give me some advice?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Tris.

Temporary mail server problems are usually the reason.
Try contacting your ISP.