Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I back-up OE6???

How do I back-up OE6???

Jumbo

I just received an email from my ISP saying that my mail storage is above
the high-water mark. Therefore I have to start deleting some stuff.
However, I still want to keep everything. I know that if I compact all
folders it creates a backup of some sort. If I do that, then can I delete
all my email in my folders and do a retrieve afterwards of the compacted
folders. Or will I lose everything.

Anyways, what I'm asking is how do I safely back everything up so that I can
retrieve it again afterwards.

kljkkkkkkkkkk

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your ISP is thinking "server side", you
should be able to have as many megabytes of storage as you want on "your"
hard drive as all emails are downloaded to your computer.
"Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BSWdb.156916$(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com...
> I just received an email from my ISP saying that my mail storage is above
> the high-water mark. Therefore I have to start deleting some stuff.
> However, I still want to keep everything. I know that if I compact all
> folders it creates a backup of some sort. If I do that, then can I delete
> all my email in my folders and do a retrieve afterwards of the compacted
> folders. Or will I lose everything.
>
> Anyways, what I'm asking is how do I safely back everything up so that I

can
> retrieve it again afterwards.

Jumbo

Could it have been one of those nasty email viruses floating around? Here's
what I recieved. Maybe others have gotten the same. Come to think of it I
think it is a hoax because the "TO" address had "none" there instead of my
actual address.

Your mailbox is over the high water mark.
Please delete some messages from your mailbox!

"kljkkkkkkkkkk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:bl9elc$vfn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your ISP is thinking "server side",

you
> should be able to have as many megabytes of storage as you want on "your"
> hard drive as all emails are downloaded to your computer.
> "Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BSWdb.156916$(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com...
> > I just received an email from my ISP saying that my mail storage is

above
> > the high-water mark. Therefore I have to start deleting some stuff.
> > However, I still want to keep everything. I know that if I compact all
> > folders it creates a backup of some sort. If I do that, then can I

delete
> > all my email in my folders and do a retrieve afterwards of the compacted
> > folders. Or will I lose everything.
> >
> > Anyways, what I'm asking is how do I safely back everything up so that I

> can
> > retrieve it again afterwards.

Brian H供

Jumbo said:

> I just received an email from my ISP saying that my mail storage is above
> the high-water mark. Therefore I have to start deleting some stuff.
> However, I still want to keep everything. I know that if I compact all
> folders it creates a backup of some sort. If I do that, then can I delete
> all my email in my folders and do a retrieve afterwards of the compacted
> folders. Or will I lose everything.
>
> Anyways, what I'm asking is how do I safely back everything up so that I can
> retrieve it again afterwards.

Create a new folder in OE and move your mail from the Inbox to this new folder.

kljkkkkkkkkkk

Yeah, it looks like a hoax to me, your ISP would never say that.
news:icXdb.157008$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...

kljkkkkkkkkkk said:

> Yeah, it looks like a hoax to me, your ISP would never say that.

You look like you are talking out of your arse.
Providers *do* warn you when your limit is being reached.
Hotmail most certainly do.

> "Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:icXdb.157008$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
>> Could it have been one of those nasty email viruses floating around? Here's
>> what I recieved. Maybe others have gotten the same. Come to think of it I
>> think it is a hoax because the "TO" address had "none" there instead of my
>> actual address.
>>
>> Your mailbox is over the high water mark.
>> Please delete some messages from your mailbox!
>>

>> "kljkkkkkkkkkk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:bl9elc$vfn$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your ISP is thinking "server side", you
>>> should be able to have as many megabytes of storage as you want on "your"
>>> hard drive as all emails are downloaded to your computer.
>>> "Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:BSWdb.156916$(E-Mail Removed) able.rogers.com...

kljkkkkkkkkkk

Was I being hostile in any way?
"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4iXdb.2633$(E-Mail Removed)...
> kljkkkkkkkkkk said:
>
> > Yeah, it looks like a hoax to me, your ISP would never say that.

> You look like you are talking out of your arse.
> Providers *do* warn you when your limit is being reached.
> Hotmail most certainly do.
>
> > "Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:icXdb.157008$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...
> >> Could it have been one of those nasty email viruses floating around?

Here's
> >> what I recieved. Maybe others have gotten the same. Come to think of

it I
> >> think it is a hoax because the "TO" address had "none" there instead of

my
> >> actual address.
> >>
> >> Your mailbox is over the high water mark.
> >> Please delete some messages from your mailbox!
> >>

> >> "kljkkkkkkkkkk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

in
> >> message news:bl9elc$vfn$(E-Mail Removed)...

side", you

"your"

above

all

delete

compacted

that I

Miggsee

Make sure that you do no have copies stored on the server for a long period
of time. Tools > Accounts > Double-click your mail account > Advanced >
Delivery.

kljkkkkkkkkkk said:

> Was I being hostile in any way?

Not hostile, but clueless perhaps.

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4iXdb.2633$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> kljkkkkkkkkkk said:
>>
>>> Yeah, it looks like a hoax to me, your ISP would never say that.

>> You look like you are talking out of your arse.
>> Providers *do* warn you when your limit is being reached.
>> Hotmail most certainly do.
>>
>>> "Jumbo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:icXdb.157008$(E-Mail Removed). cable.rogers.com...

Jumbo

First of all, what would prompt my ISP to tell me that my email is almost
full. My Inbox is all but empty. All the other standard folders (drafts,
delete, sent) are almost empty. I do keep alot of messages but they are
stored in user created folders which somebody told me was taking up
harddrive space and not server space.

Any clues???

news:bl9hb7$9lmdc$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...