Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Scandisk prob

Scandisk prob

John

Can any one help/advise please.

Every time I fire up my pc scandisk starts checking
files even before win89 loads.
I have ran a full surafce scan in dos and found 0 errors

any ideas.

Thanx

ftran999

news:bl98qo$ua4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can any one help/advise please.
>
> Every time I fire up my pc scandisk starts checking
> files even before win89 loads.
> I have ran a full surafce scan in dos and found 0 errors
>
> any ideas.
>

> Thanx

Check your task scheduler. You may have it set up to run scandisk at the
system start up.
Open up your task scheduler, and see if scandisk is listed under scheduled
tasks. If it is right click it and click on properties. Click on the
schedule tab and make sure "at system startup" is not chosen under schedule.
Also you may want to open your run command under the start menu and type in
"msconfig" (without quotes) and click O.K. Make sure the general tab is
selected and click advanced. Make sure "disable scandisk after bad
shutdown" is checked.

°Mike°

ScanDisk Runs Even Though Windows Shut Down Correctly

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:33:39 +0100, in
<bl98qo$ua4$(E-Mail Removed)>
John scrawled:

--