Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The dreaded Rex X

The dreaded Rex X

Golden Oldie

For no apparent reason I have lost all graphics from web pages and I am only receiving the dreaded red X.
Can anyone please advise where I should look to cure this odd ailment.
Thanks...
Oldie

Mike Calkins

Try clearing your internet cache. This happens to me, when IE cannot cache the graphic.

Mike
"Golden Oldie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:BtTdb.128938$(E-Mail Removed)...
For no apparent reason I have lost all graphics from web pages and I am only receiving the dreaded red X.
Can anyone please advise where I should look to cure this odd ailment.
Thanks...
Oldie

Golden Oldie

Thanks Mike..I tried that but I still get the Red X.
Is "deleting temporary internet files" the same as "deleting internet cache."
As you can guess I am not sure what is going on here..!
Kind regards
"Mike Calkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:OBTdb.971$(E-Mail Removed). ..
Try clearing your internet cache. This happens to me, when IE cannot cache the graphic.

Mike
"Golden Oldie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:BtTdb.128938$(E-Mail Removed)...
For no apparent reason I have lost all graphics from web pages and I am only receiving the dreaded red X.
Can anyone please advise where I should look to cure this odd ailment.
Thanks...
Oldie

Mike Calkins

Yes, it is.... have you installed any new software lately? What is the size of your hard drive, available space on the drive, and size of the cache?

What browser are you using, and can you open stored JPGs on your hard drive?

Mike
"Golden Oldie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:t7Udb.128990$(E-Mail Removed)...
Thanks Mike..I tried that but I still get the Red X.
Is "deleting temporary internet files" the same as "deleting internet cache."
As you can guess I am not sure what is going on here..!
Kind regards
"Mike Calkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:OBTdb.971$(E-Mail Removed). ..
Try clearing your internet cache. This happens to me, when IE cannot cache the graphic.

Mike
"Golden Oldie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:BtTdb.128938$(E-Mail Removed)...
For no apparent reason I have lost all graphics from web pages and I am only receiving the dreaded red X.
Can anyone please advise where I should look to cure this odd ailment.
Thanks...
Oldie

Philip SC

Delete your temporary internet files (if you're using IE, click on Tools -
Options).

And assuming that you're new to newsgroups, don't post in HTML - you'll find
that most newsgroup participants don't like them, and many charters
specifically forbid them. In OE, click on Tools - Options - Send and change
the selection at the bottom of the window.

HTH

"Golden Oldie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BtTdb.128938$(E-Mail Removed)...
For no apparent reason I have lost all graphics from web pages and I am only
receiving the dreaded red X.
Can anyone please advise where I should look to cure this odd ailment.
Thanks...
Oldie

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Mon, 29 Sep 2003
10:50:01 +0000, Golden Oldie uttered this:

> Thanks Mike..I tried that but I still get the Red X.
> Is "deleting temporary internet files" the same as "deleting internet cache."
> As you can guess I am not sure what is going on here..!
> Kind regards
> "Mike Calkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:OBTdb.971$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Try clearing your internet cache. This happens to me, when IE cannot cache the graphic.
>
> Mike
> "Golden Oldie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:BtTdb.128938$(E-Mail Removed)...
> For no apparent reason I have lost all graphics from web pages and I am only receiving the dreaded red X.
> Can anyone please advise where I should look to cure this odd ailment.
> Thanks...

<snip HTML>

Please do *not* post in HTML, this is a TEXT only group.

Golden Oldie

done..!