Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > hard drive image problems! help please!

hard drive image problems! help please!

I have imaged my boot drive to a new drive and want the new drive to be the
boot drive. When I installed the new drive, windows hangs at the startup
winxp screen. Is there a step I am missing?

thanks!

MORE INFO:

The drive that was formerly the boot drive was moved to an external
enclosure. It still appears as the "C" drive in windows. When I shut down
power to the external drive, Windows XP hangs at startup. The comp will
boot when the external drive is powered up. I used Maxtors Max Blast 3 to
copy the original C drive to a new drive. Shouldn't that make the new drive
the C drive? Is there a setting to enable the new drive to be the main
bootable C drive?

"Z" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:mGQdb.677$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I have imaged my boot drive to a new drive and want the new drive to be

the
> boot drive. When I installed the new drive, windows hangs at the startup
> winxp screen. Is there a step I am missing?
>
> thanks!

John

Try using norton ghost, Its never failed me yet.