Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ferrit Community Forums

Reply
Thread Tools

Ferrit Community Forums

 
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
Mara wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:
>
>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>
>>> posting spam...

>>
>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
>> Or simply "on"?

>
> What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
> wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
> sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you your
> account.
>
> "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
>
> <snip>


Eh?
--
"Mix some top-and bottom-posting; and the fun begins."


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Patrick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
Robert Larson wrote:
> never mind.
>
> Let me put it to you this way,
>
> Your advertising in usenet, most people take offense to that. Even in
> the 24hoursupport group. Its not really the correct group to be
> posting links to your site. Now I can see if you want some traffic,
> but think, do you really want all the morons that are on ng's to
> start flodding your site with there spam? I would think not.
>
> Me personally I would advertise by word of mouth, or by business
> cards. Place your page into google so it can be found....
>
> Look, all I am saying is that you need to be carefull with what you
> post. Your website looks pretty good. Maybe I came across pretty
> harsh, but I made an assumption that I was just replying to a bot..
> My Bad.
>
> Cheers
>


The point is, you *are* replying to 'Trout', *why* are you not replying to
the OP (Original Poster, the spammer).

>
> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bla9uo$9uofh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>
>>> posting spam...

>>
>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on
>> about? Or simply "on"?
>>
>>> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:bla9jn$9tadh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish
>>>>
>>>> And what "fetish" of mine would that be?
>>>>
>>>>> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>> news:bla8op$9q83s$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>>>>> Ferrit Community Forums wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hello Everyone
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Just a quick note to everyone to say that
>>>>>>> www.ferrit.co.uk/forums is now active please support this new
>>>>>>> site by visiting us.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Um, why? You have given no compelling reason; 'here', or on
>>>>>> the site. There is zilch; nada, going on. I hear crickets. You
>>>>>> have built it and they haven't come. The only topic of interest
>>>>>> is your spamming of Usenet.
>>>>>> And what are the benefits of a web-based forum, as opposed
>>>>>> to a newsgroup? Who are you, and why are you doing this? Why
>>>>>> should I give you my email address, and trust you to censor what
>>>>>> I write? --
>>>>>> "No thanks."



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Patrick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
Mara wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:
>
>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>
>>> posting spam...

>>
>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
>> Or simply "on"?

>
> What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
> wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
> sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you your
> account.
>
> "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
>
> <snip>


Any chance 'Mara' of checking who you are addressing.
Pardon me if *I am wrong* but was above meant to be addressed to 'Trout'


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:50:09 -0700, trout wrote:

>Mara wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:
>>
>>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>>
>>>> posting spam...
>>>
>>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
>>> Or simply "on"?

>>
>> What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
>> wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
>> sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you your
>> account.
>>
>> "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
>>
>> <snip>

>
> Eh?
>--
>"Mix some top-and bottom-posting; and the fun begins."


See my next reply. I missed the first part of this thread - I'm not sure why. I
never saw the OP, at any rate. The first post I received was the one where RL
apparently accused you of spamming, which kind of boggled me a bit.

"If you know what I mean."

--
* Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
* AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts
 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
trout wrote:
> Mara wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:
>>
>>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>>
>>>> posting spam...
>>>
>>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on
>>> about? Or simply "on"?

>>
>> What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
>> wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
>> sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you your
>> account.
>>
>> "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
>>
>> <snip>

>
> Eh?


Geez, this *is* funny !
It's like the bloke who's looking at nothing in the sky and eventually
everyone else can see a spaceship


 
Reply With Quote
 
Patience
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
Well I think Ferrit is lovely, they have my vote anytime.


"Robert Larson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:MR1eb.25$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> posting spam...
>
>
>
> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bla9jn$9tadh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Robert Larson wrote:
> >
> > > To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish

> >
> > And what "fetish" of mine would that be?
> >
> > > "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:bla8op$9q83s$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > >> Ferrit Community Forums wrote:
> > >>
> > >>> Hello Everyone
> > >>>
> > >>> Just a quick note to everyone to say that

www.ferrit.co.uk/forums is
> > >>> now active please support this new site by visiting us.
> > >>
> > >> Um, why? You have given no compelling reason; 'here', or on

the
> > >> site. There is zilch; nada, going on. I hear crickets. You have
> > >> built it and they haven't come. The only topic of interest is

your
> > >> spamming of Usenet.
> > >> And what are the benefits of a web-based forum, as opposed to

a
> > >> newsgroup? Who are you, and why are you doing this? Why should I

give
> > >> you my email address, and trust you to censor what I write?
> > >> --
> > >> "No thanks."

> >
> >
> >

>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
Patience wrote:

> Well I think Ferrit is lovely, they have my vote anytime.


Vote for what? Spammer of the Week?
--
"Additionally; so what?"


 
Reply With Quote
 
trout
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
Patrick wrote:

> trout wrote:
>> Mara wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:
>>>
>>>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> posting spam...
>>>>
>>>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on
>>>> about? Or simply "on"?
>>>
>>> What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you
>>> wish to make people aware of the site, then include the link in a
>>> sig, without all the extra crap. The way you did it can cost you
>>> your account.
>>>
>>> "Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>
>> Eh?

>
> Geez, this *is* funny !
> It's like the bloke who's looking at nothing in the sky and eventually
> everyone else can see a spaceship


Thanks for the reality check.
--
"I was beginning to wonder if it *was* just me...."


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-29-2003
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:26:47 -0700, trout wrote:

<snip>
> Thanks for the reality check.
>--
>"I was beginning to wonder if it *was* just me...."


Apparently not. My bad.

I should cut back to doing four things at once instead of six, I guess.

"Though I *did* get them all done. Including painting the hallway ceiling. LOL"

--
* Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
* AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Community Forums Log=In ? Robert11 Computer Support 1 10-06-2009 05:45 PM
The Cisco Community - certification forums now online. Fleckz328 Cisco 0 02-26-2008 06:46 PM
Supr.forums web forums stevene C++ 1 01-31-2007 05:46 AM
Ferrit.co.nz rupert NZ Computing 16 11-28-2005 09:24 PM
Ferrit.co.nz Nick Mackechnie NZ Computing 0 11-28-2005 08:40 PM



Advertisments