Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ferrit Community Forums

Ferrit Community Forums

Ferrit Community Forums

Hello Everyone

Just a quick note to everyone to say that www.ferrit.co.uk/forums is now active
please support this new site by visiting us. There are many topics available and
more to follow.

Just take a few minutes to register and share the news or information you have
with the community. Hopefully, you may make some new friends

Many Thanks

Ferrit Community Forums

trout

Ferrit Community Forums wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> Just a quick note to everyone to say that www.ferrit.co.uk/forums is
> now active please support this new site by visiting us.

Um, why? You have given no compelling reason; 'here', or on the
site. There is zilch; nada, going on. I hear crickets. You have built it
and they haven't come. The only topic of interest is your spamming of
Usenet.
And what are the benefits of a web-based forum, as opposed to a
newsgroup? Who are you, and why are you doing this? Why should I give
you my email address, and trust you to censor what I write?
--
"No thanks."

Robert Larson

To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish

news:bla8op$9q83s$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Ferrit Community Forums wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone
> >
> > Just a quick note to everyone to say that www.ferrit.co.uk/forums is
> > now active please support this new site by visiting us.

> Um, why? You have given no compelling reason; 'here', or on the
> site. There is zilch; nada, going on. I hear crickets. You have built it
> and they haven't come. The only topic of interest is your spamming of
> Usenet.
> And what are the benefits of a web-based forum, as opposed to a
> newsgroup? Who are you, and why are you doing this? Why should I give
> you my email address, and trust you to censor what I write?
> --
> "No thanks."

trout

Robert Larson wrote:

> To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish

And what "fetish" of mine would that be?

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bla8op$9q83s$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Ferrit Community Forums wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Everyone
>>>
>>> Just a quick note to everyone to say that www.ferrit.co.uk/forums is
>>> now active please support this new site by visiting us.

>> Um, why? You have given no compelling reason; 'here', or on the
>> site. There is zilch; nada, going on. I hear crickets. You have
>> built it and they haven't come. The only topic of interest is your
>> spamming of Usenet.
>> And what are the benefits of a web-based forum, as opposed to a
>> newsgroup? Who are you, and why are you doing this? Why should I give
>> you my email address, and trust you to censor what I write?
>> --
>> "No thanks."

Robert Larson

posting spam...

news:bla9jn$9tadh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Robert Larson wrote:
>
> > To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish

> And what "fetish" of mine would that be?
>
> > "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bla8op$9q83s$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> >> Um, why? You have given no compelling reason; 'here', or on the
> >> site. There is zilch; nada, going on. I hear crickets. You have
> >> built it and they haven't come. The only topic of interest is your
> >> spamming of Usenet.
> >> And what are the benefits of a web-based forum, as opposed to a
> >> newsgroup? Who are you, and why are you doing this? Why should I give
> >> you my email address, and trust you to censor what I write?
> >> --
> >> "No thanks."

trout

Robert Larson wrote:

> posting spam...

Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
Or simply "on"?

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bla9jn$9tadh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>
>>> To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish

>> And what "fetish" of mine would that be?
>>
>>> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:bla8op$9q83s$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

Robert Larson

never mind.

Let me put it to you this way,

Your advertising in usenet, most people take offense to that. Even in the
24hoursupport group. Its not really the correct group to be posting links to
your site. Now I can see if you want some traffic, but think, do you really
want all the morons that are on ng's to start flodding your site with there
spam? I would think not.

Me personally I would advertise by word of mouth, or by business cards.
Place your page into google so it can be found....

Look, all I am saying is that you need to be carefull with what you post.
Your website looks pretty good. Maybe I came across pretty harsh, but I made
an assumption that I was just replying to a bot.. My Bad.

Cheers

news:bla9uo$9uofh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Robert Larson wrote:
>
> > posting spam...

> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
> Or simply "on"?
>
> > "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bla9jn$9tadh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> >> And what "fetish" of mine would that be?

trout

Robert Larson wrote:

> never mind.
>
> Let me put it to you this way,
>
> Your advertising in usenet, most people take offense to that. Even in
> the 24hoursupport group. Its not really the correct group to be
> posting links to your site. Now I can see if you want some traffic,
> but think, do you really want all the morons that are on ng's to
> start flodding your site with there spam? I would think not.
>
> Me personally I would advertise by word of mouth, or by business
> cards. Place your page into google so it can be found....
>
> Look, all I am saying is that you need to be carefull with what you
> post. Your website looks pretty good. Maybe I came across pretty
> harsh, but I made an assumption that I was just replying to a bot..
> My Bad.
>
> Cheers

Sigh. You've been replying to a reply. I am not the original poster
(I left the link in my reply text as a point of reference). Thus, my
confusion at being called a spammer. Please re-read the thread.
(*My* initial comments appear at the *very* bottom of this post.)

> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bla9uo$9uofh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>
>>> posting spam...

>> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on
>> about?
>> Or simply "on"?
>>
>>> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:bla9jn$9tadh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

<*My* first comment in the thread>

Mara

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:58:43 -0700, trout wrote:

>Robert Larson wrote:
>
>> posting spam...

> Posting spam is a fetish of mine? What the devil are you on about?
>Or simply "on"?

What he's on about is your spamming your site to this group. If you wish to make
people aware of the site, then include the link in a sig, without all the extra
crap. The way you did it can cost you your account.

"Is that clear enough? Or do you need more clues?"

<snip>

--
* Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
* AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts

Mara

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:53:48 GMT, Robert Larson wrote:

>posting spam...

trout posted spam?

What are you, some kind of idiot savant without the savant part? I didn't see
the first part of this thread and so wasn't aware that you didn't send the
original spam, and for that I apologise, but I certainly don't apologise for
thinking of you as a moron if you accuse trout of spamming.

"I don't know _anyone_ who's _that_ stupid."

>"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bla9jn$9tadh$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Robert Larson wrote:
>>
>> > To bad this is not the group to advertise your silly fetish

>> And what "fetish" of mine would that be?

<snip>

--
* Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
* AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts

Dell Community Forums Log=In ? Robert11 Computer Support 1 10-06-2009 05:45 PM
The Cisco Community - certification forums now online. Fleckz328 Cisco 0 02-26-2008 06:46 PM
Supr.forums web forums stevene C++ 1 01-31-2007 05:46 AM
Ferrit.co.nz rupert NZ Computing 16 11-28-2005 09:24 PM
Ferrit.co.nz Nick Mackechnie NZ Computing 0 11-28-2005 08:40 PM

Advertisments