Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Deleting c:\windows\temp folder

Deleting c:\windows\temp folder

Richard L. McCulley

I am trying to free up some disk space and found 2.37G is being
occuppied by the Windows\Temp folder.

Can I delete the contents of that folder without creating problems?

Thanks,

Richard

°Mike°

Yes, but reboot first. See:

Basic computer maintenance

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:39:01 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard L. McCulley scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Richard

Richard wrote:

> I am trying to free up some disk space and found 2.37G is being
> occuppied by the Windows\Temp folder.

> Can I delete the contents of that folder without creating problems?

> Thanks,

> Richard

Yes. But some files may not be able to be deleted for some reason.
A few will probably be "in use by windows". If that happens, you may have to
boot up into dos to get rid of them.
Any folder named "temp" can be removed. If a file is needed for a working
program, it's recreated automatically.

°Mike°

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:47:00 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Richard scrawled:

> Richard wrote:
>
> > I am trying to free up some disk space and found 2.37G is being
>> occuppied by the Windows\Temp folder.

>> Can I delete the contents of that folder without creating problems?

>> Thanks,

>> Richard

>Yes. But some files may not be able to be deleted for some reason.
>A few will probably be "in use by windows". If that happens, you may have to
>boot up into dos to get rid of them.
>Any folder named "temp" can be removed. If a file is needed for a working
>program, it's recreated automatically.

Damn, I wish you'd stop giving stupid advice.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Nora.brown Nora.brown is offline
Junior Member

"Yes. But some files may not be able to be deleted for some reason.
A few will probably be "in use by windows"."
To avoid something like that happening, and if you want to permanently delete your temp files or other details of your computer usage: Windows temporary files, deleted files in Recycle Bin, MS Office temporary files, scandisk file fragments, prefetch files and much more, see if history killer proCan help u. just visit the website