Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lacking Message Rules in OE 6.0?

Lacking Message Rules in OE 6.0?

Rindler Sigurd

After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed to set
the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still receive
those email message with empty Subject lines.
There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to receive
empty subject headers.
The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need for
work...
Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
getting another mail/newsreader?

Thanks.
S.R.

d.c.

"Rindler Sigurd" <(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-news.com...
> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed to

set
> the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still receive
> those email message with empty Subject lines.
> There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to

receive
> empty subject headers.
> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
> I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need for
> work...
> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
> getting another mail/newsreader?

You could get an add-on tool like Mailwasher, or freeware such as
http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ Popfile.

Bottom line, OE is very weak in regard to blocking spam.

--

I shave with Occam's Razor
http://www.dwacon.com

Brian H供

Rindler Sigurd said:

> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed to set
> the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still receive
> those email message with empty Subject lines.
> There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to receive
> empty subject headers.
> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
> I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need for
> work...
> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
> getting another mail/newsreader?
>
> Thanks.
> S.R.

Take a look at my Outlook Express Options page under Help Desk and use the
Korean spam method, it stops empty subject lines.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

Boomer

Rindler Sigurd wrote:

> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have
> managed to set the relevant message rules in Outlook Express.
> However, I still receive those email message with empty Subject
> lines. There is apparently no way to tell the program that I
> don't want to receive empty subject headers.
> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an
> attachment" I can't select this option since I receive
> attachments which I need for work...
> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching
> OE and getting another mail/newsreader?
>
> Thanks.
> S.R.

You might want to check these out:

SpamPal for Windows http://www.spampal.org/
FrontGateMX http://www.presorium.com/index.shtml
PopCorn http://www.ultrafunk.com/products/popcorn/

I'd get a new mail client.
Mozilla Thunderbird (a mail/news client).
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/

Richard

Brian wrote:

> Rindler Sigurd said:

>> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed
>> to set
>> the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still
>> receive
>> those email message with empty Subject lines.
>> There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to
>> receive
>> empty subject headers.
>> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
>> I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need
>> for
>> work...
>> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
>> getting another mail/newsreader?

>> Thanks.
>> S.R.

> Take a look at my Outlook Express Options page under Help Desk and use
> the
> Korean spam method, it stops empty subject lines.

> --
> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

The color on the helpdesk pages needs to be toned down a bit.

Brian H供

Richard said:

> Brian wrote:
>
> > Rindler Sigurd said:

>>> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed
>>> to set
>>> the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still
>>> receive
>>> those email message with empty Subject lines.
>>> There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to
>>> receive
>>> empty subject headers.
>>> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
>>> I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need
>>> for
>>> work...
>>> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
>>> getting another mail/newsreader?

>>> Thanks.
>>> S.R.

>> Take a look at my Outlook Express Options page under Help Desk and use
>> the
>> Korean spam method, it stops empty subject lines.

>> --
>> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
>> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

> The color on the helpdesk pages needs to be toned down a bit.

You make pages on your site the way you want them, I'll do the same with the
pages on my site.
And if you haven't already noticed, I am in the middle of rebuilding my site.

Brian H供

Richard said:

> Brian wrote:
>
> > Rindler Sigurd said:

>>> After receiving hundreds of spam mails in recent days, I have managed
>>> to set
>>> the relevant message rules in Outlook Express. However, I still
>>> receive
>>> those email message with empty Subject lines.
>>> There is apparently no way to tell the program that I don't want to
>>> receive
>>> empty subject headers.
>>> The only other option I see is "Where the message has an attachment"
>>> I can't select this option since I receive attachments which I need
>>> for
>>> work...
>>> Is there another trick which I have missed, apart from ditching OE and
>>> getting another mail/newsreader?

>>> Thanks.
>>> S.R.

>> Take a look at my Outlook Express Options page under Help Desk and use
>> the
>> Korean spam method, it stops empty subject lines.

>> --
>> www.absey-vine.co.uk/
>> freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

> The color on the helpdesk pages needs to be toned down a bit.

I take it you are 66.190.9.155