Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HTML "stop" command?

HTML "stop" command?

Watcher of the Skies

I am only a novice at creating HTML content, and would like to know if there
is a command or script that will stop the processing of a page when it is
encountered.

The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do this
by adding a few lines of script at the end of the page thus:

<!-- text below generated by server. PLEASE REMOVE -->
</noscript>
</script>
<script language="JavaScript"
src="http://uk.geocities.com/js_source/ygIELib9.js?v3">
</script>
<script language="JavaScript">var
yviContents='http://uk.toto.geo.yahoo.com/toto?s=382106082&l=NE&b=1&t=106476
0443';yviR='uk';yfiEA(0);
</script>
<script language="JavaScript"
src="http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mc/mc.js">
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" src="http://geocities.com/js_source/geov2.js">
</script>
<script language="javascript">geovisit();
</script>
<noscript>

Since I am unable to remove it as the comment suggests, I would like to
prevent the page from being read to the end by inserting some script at the
end of the page I upload before Yahoo adds its bit.

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Brian H¹©

Watcher of the Skies said:

> I am only a novice at creating HTML content, and would like to know if there
> is a command or script that will stop the processing of a page when it is
> encountered.
>
> The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
> banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do this
> by adding a few lines of script at the end of the page thus:
>
> <!-- text below generated by server. PLEASE REMOVE -->
> </noscript>
> </script>
> <script language="JavaScript"
> src="http://uk.geocities.com/js_source/ygIELib9.js?v3">
> </script>
> <script language="JavaScript">var
> yviContents='http://uk.toto.geo.yahoo.com/toto?s=382106082&l=NE&b=1&t=106476
> 0443';yviR='uk';yfiEA(0);
> </script>
> <script language="JavaScript"
> src="http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mc/mc.js">
> </script>
> <script language="JavaScript" src="http://geocities.com/js_source/geov2.js">
> </script>
> <script language="javascript">geovisit();
> </script>
> <noscript>
>
> Since I am unable to remove it as the comment suggests, I would like to
> prevent the page from being read to the end by inserting some script at the
> end of the page I upload before Yahoo adds its bit.
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> TIA

Do you *pay* for your geocities site, or do you get it for *free* because it has
some internal advertising?

°Mike°

The scripts are created dynamically by the geocities server.
That's part of the agreement. If you don't like them, you
should pay for a service with no ads.

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:27:36 +0100, in
<Q_Ddb.1933$(E-Mail Removed)>
Watcher of the Skies scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Bebop & Rocksteady

> I am only a novice at creating HTML content, and would like to know if
> there is a command or script that will stop the processing of a page
> when it is encountered.
>
> The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
> banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do
> this by adding a few lines of script at the end of the page thus:

<SNIP>

> Since I am unable to remove it as the comment suggests, I would like to
> prevent the page from being read to the end by inserting some script at
> the end of the page I upload before Yahoo adds its bit.

Pay for it.... they you get no advertising...

http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

Plato

Watcher of the Skies wrote:

> The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
> banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do this

Request a refund if you are not happy with their service.

[ Doc Jeff ]

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:27:36 +0100, "Watcher of the Skies"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am only a novice at creating HTML content, and would like to know if there
>is a command or script that will stop the processing of a page when it is
>encountered.
>
>The reason being, I dont really want my geocities site to throw up the
>banner down the side of the page every time anyone hits a page. They do this
>by adding a few lines of script at the end of the page thus:

If it's a free site, you shouldn't try to remove the banner. That's
how you pay for the site. Removing it can get your site taken away.