Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Jerky Movie Downloads

Jerky Movie Downloads

Mushroom

While I'm here, I may as well unload another annyoing characteristic my PC
has. I recently subscribed to BT OPENWORLD Broadband in the hope of being
able to watch high quality trailers, mainly of xbox games. When I download
movies, they run very jerky, even though the hard drive is easily coping
with it. Ok, I have an ancient processor (450MHz) and a small-ish amount of
ram (128Mb) but it's only something like 640X480 and can't be that demanding
to play. I can't stream movies from the official XBox site as my Win Med
Player is too old and I can't download the new one since my OS is out of
date.(Win 9 Yet again, Microsoft want to deprive me of the cost of a new
PC!
Any ideas to increase the frame rate of movie downloads?

dr_hardwrae

"Mushroom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bl6ulj$c5r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> While I'm here, I may as well unload another annyoing characteristic my PC
> has. I recently subscribed to BT OPENWORLD Broadband in the hope of being
> able to watch high quality trailers, mainly of xbox games. When I download
> movies, they run very jerky, even though the hard drive is easily coping
> with it. Ok, I have an ancient processor (450MHz) and a small-ish amount

of
> ram (128Mb) but it's only something like 640X480 and can't be that

demanding
> to play. I can't stream movies from the official XBox site as my Win Med
> Player is too old and I can't download the new one since my OS is out of
> date.(Win 9 Yet again, Microsoft want to deprive me of the cost of a new
> PC!
> Any ideas to increase the frame rate of movie downloads?

Three things to do with jerky video: you should have minimum 256 MB memory
(512 MB even better), a faster CPU and most important is the video card and
the amount of memory on it.

You may want to check with the manufacturer's web site for the video card
and see if any new drivers are available also.

slow and Jerky scrolling in IE ethanlifka@yahoo.com HTML 5 03-08-2006 06:58 AM
Jerky scrolling? John Firefox 2 11-13-2004 06:49 PM
Jerky playback on music Drummerboy Computer Support 9 07-25-2004 06:48 AM
Jerky Movie Downloads Mushroom Computer Support 1 09-28-2003 07:40 PM
Jerky scrolling Internet Explorer Drummerboy Computer Support 6 08-31-2003 07:45 AM

Advertisments