Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with Belkin USB Hub

Help with Belkin USB Hub

Mushroom

Sometimes, when I boot up my PC, my kensington 72121 optical mouse won't
work. It'll be completely dead.
If I look behind my PC, I'll see that all four lights on my USB hub (that my
mouse, web cam and digi cam upload cable plug into) are off. I have to
carefully haul out the usb hub's connector from the computer, being careful
not to disconnect any other cables, and plug it back in again. This always
fixes it, but I bought the hub to get rid of the inconvenience of swapping
about usb plugs. I've tried it in the other usb port on the pc, powered and
non-powered. I'm using a Win 98 PC. Any ideas?