Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Firewall problem

Firewall problem

BNR34

I have experienced the same problem with two Firewalls I used. They are
Kerio and Zonealarm.

I'm with AOL Broadband and use AOL 8.0. When either Firewall is in use and
all the access settings correct, they both allow internet access ie. web
browsing through AOL, Opera, IE, or use Kazaa, WinMX, etc.
But if left unattended for a few hours, this access is stopped. So you can't
get on the web or download anything. The only thing you can access is AOL's
own content through AOL 8.0.

I know the problem is with the Firewalls because if you click on a website
through one of the browsers and its searching and at the same time shutdown
the Firewall, it will load the website. Otherwise the browser will pop up a
window stating 'can't access server' after a minute or so.

So, can anyone help?

Thanks.

Rob

This is why everyone hates AOL. It's not a internet connection, it takes
over the computer.

--
Rob B

news:bl6op4$fnc$(E-Mail Removed)...