Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help! browser's been hijacked.

Reply
Thread Tools

help! browser's been hijacked.

 
 
lisa10
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2003
My browser's settings are being overwritten by
www.202search.com
which is "NavShop" browser. It's a parasite with
an active x. I can't find
it in a search in order to delete it. My spybot
doesn't dump it and
Norton doesn't "see" it!
Thanks in advance
D





 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2003
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 06:44:15 -0700, lisa10 wrote:

>My browser's settings are being overwritten by
>www.202search.com
>which is "NavShop" browser. It's a parasite with
>an active x. I can't find
>it in a search in order to delete it. My spybot
>doesn't dump it and
>Norton doesn't "see" it!
>Thanks in advance
>D


Which Spyware program are you running? If you're not running these, you should
be, if it is indeed a parasite:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...d,22262,00.asp
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Particularly this one:

http://www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1626/...astersetup.exe

--
If it adjusts their attitude towards the desired goal, then it's a LART,
even if it doesn't leave blood stains." -- Paul Tomblin
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2003
VIsit:
http://www.techhowto.org/spyware.html
if you need step by step instructions.


--
Rob B




"lisa10" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SABdb.4043$hp5.3766@fed1read04...
> My browser's settings are being overwritten by
> www.202search.com
> which is "NavShop" browser. It's a parasite with
> an active x. I can't find
> it in a search in order to delete it. My spybot
> doesn't dump it and
> Norton doesn't "see" it!
> Thanks in advance
> D
>
>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2003
Install HijackThis and post the contents of the log here.

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/


On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 06:44:15 -0700, in
<SABdb.4043$hp5.3766@fed1read04>
lisa10 scrawled:

>My browser's settings are being overwritten by
>www.202search.com
>which is "NavShop" browser. It's a parasite with
>an active x. I can't find
>it in a search in order to delete it. My spybot
>doesn't dump it and
>Norton doesn't "see" it!
>Thanks in advance
>D
>
>
>
>


--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
dawn tomalin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
look at which web sites you have been visiting or if you are running a peer
2 peer program suck as kazaa or napster they get there funds from this sort
of activity log on to your browser and click on tools then option then click
on current that should sort it for you
"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Install HijackThis and post the contents of the log here.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
>
>
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 06:44:15 -0700, in
> <SABdb.4043$hp5.3766@fed1read04>
> lisa10 scrawled:
>
> >My browser's settings are being overwritten by
> >www.202search.com
> >which is "NavShop" browser. It's a parasite with
> >an active x. I can't find
> >it in a search in order to delete it. My spybot
> >doesn't dump it and
> >Norton doesn't "see" it!
> >Thanks in advance
> >D
> >
> >
> >
> >

>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance
> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html



 
Reply With Quote
 
Boomer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-23-2003
dawn tomalin, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> look at which web sites you have been visiting or if you are
> running a peer 2 peer program suck as kazaa or napster they get
> there funds from this sort of activity log on to your browser
> and click on tools then option then click on current that should
> sort it for you


Why are you telling this to Mike?

>"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Install HijackThis and post the contents of the log here.
>>
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
>>
>>
>> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 06:44:15 -0700, in
>> <SABdb.4043$hp5.3766@fed1read04>
>> lisa10 scrawled:
>>
>> >My browser's settings are being overwritten by
>> >www.202search.com
>> >which is "NavShop" browser. It's a parasite with
>> >an active x. I can't find
>> >it in a search in order to delete it. My spybot
>> >doesn't dump it and
>> >Norton doesn't "see" it!
>> >Thanks in advance
>> >D
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>
>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance
>> http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The printing has been stopped and this job has been add to the queu? dejola Computer Support 6 12-30-2005 03:26 AM
I've been on less :( RObErT_RaTh The Lounge 94 11-12-2005 01:03 PM
I haven't been on much for good reasons RObErT_RaTh The Lounge 40 09-26-2005 01:12 PM
I need help I has been over 6 months since I've been able to do the system check for updates Marc Computer Support 8 07-25-2005 07:04 PM
Sure this one has been asked but, ... JDM Firefox 3 03-04-2005 03:01 AM



Advertisments