Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Messenger.

Messenger.

TRADESMAN

How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
Grateful thanks.

Miggsee

Try removing it through Add Remove Programs > Windows Components. Also,
uncheck it in OE > Tools > Options > General, or in Outlook, disable it
through Tools > Options > Other.

"TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bl6mms$7umli$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
> I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
> monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
> Grateful thanks.

TRADESMAN

Thanks Miggsee...have now disabled it inOE.Hope it does the trick

Miggsee wrote:
> Try removing it through Add Remove Programs > Windows Components.
> Also, uncheck it in OE > Tools > Options > General, or in Outlook,
> disable it through Tools > Options > Other.
>

> "TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bl6mms$7umli$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
>> I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
>> monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
>> Grateful thanks.

Ken Smith

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/989/ This link might help you.

"TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bl6mms$7umli$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
> I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
> monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
> Grateful thanks.

Richard Stickman

Hi,
That makes us two with the same problem! Thought of uninstalling it
perhaps??????
Remember, this is MS software we are using!!!!!!!!
Ricch.

"TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bl6mms$7umli$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
> I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
> monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
> Grateful thanks.

Miggsee

Luck!

"TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bl6o0k$8g2nd$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Thanks Miggsee...have now disabled it inOE.Hope it does the trick
>
> Miggsee wrote:
> > Try removing it through Add Remove Programs > Windows Components.
> > Also, uncheck it in OE > Tools > Options > General, or in Outlook,
> > disable it through Tools > Options > Other.
> >

> > "TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bl6mms$7umli$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> >> How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
> >> I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
> >> monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
> >> Grateful thanks.

TRADESMAN

Hi Rich,
Did try to uninstall, but gibed when I saw the salutary warnings about how
it was closely tied up withOE and IE.Last thing I want to do is upset them
at the moment!!
Curse the day I installed it but it seemed a good idea at the time
"Richard Stickman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi,
> That makes us two with the same problem! Thought of uninstalling it
> perhaps??????
> Remember, this is MS software we are using!!!!!!!!
> Ricch.
>
> "TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bl6mms$7umli$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
> > I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
> > monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
> > Grateful thanks.

Raine

"TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bl7fci$91s8g$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hi Rich,
> Did try to uninstall, but gibed when I saw the salutary warnings about

how
> it was closely tied up withOE and IE.Last thing I want to do is upset

them
> at the moment!!
> Curse the day I installed it but it seemed a good idea at the time
> "Richard Stickman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Hi,
> > That makes us two with the same problem! Thought of uninstalling it
> > perhaps??????
> > Remember, this is MS software we are using!!!!!!!!
> > Ricch.
> >
> > "TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bl6mms$7umli$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
> > > I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup

control
> > > monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
> > > Grateful thanks.

This IS MSN Messenger and not Windows Messenger you're talking about?
Uninstall MSN one, and then disable Windows Messenger from OE6 ...
Tools/Options UNcheck Automatically Log on to Windows Messenger.

Boomer

JonC wrote:

> Why not use this Antispy, it turns it off no problem.

[snip]

> begin 666 XP Antispy 3.26 Dutch & UK.rar

DON't post binaries to a NON-binary newsgroup!

Brad Buckley

Image by FlamingText.com
"TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bl7fci$91s8g$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Hi Rich,
> Did try to uninstall, but gibed when I saw the salutary warnings about how
> it was closely tied up withOE and IE.Last thing I want to do is upset them
> at the moment!!
> Curse the day I installed it but it seemed a good idea at the time
> "Richard Stickman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Hi,
> > That makes us two with the same problem! Thought of uninstalling it
> > perhaps??????
> > Remember, this is MS software we are using!!!!!!!!
> > Ricch.
> >
> > "TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:bl6mms$7umli$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > How can MSN messenger be disabled at startup?
> > > I've unchecked the box at startup and disabled it in startup control
> > > monitor,but next time I logon it's recreated and ticked itself.
> > > Grateful thanks.
> > >

> >I just open the task manager ( right click your taskbar ) find

"msmsgs.exe" highlite it and click "end process" Works for me..