Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > tracking cookies

tracking cookies

nunya

Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

Brian H¹©

nunya said:

> Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
> avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

Install a hosts file.
Check my software page.

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/
freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

°Mike°

Anti-spyware:
---------------------
Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster

Outpost firewall has a content plug-in that allows
you to block sites.

Also, consider the hosts file:
http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:53:01 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
nunya scrawled:

>Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
>avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Brendon

Just go into your cookies folder and delete all or some of your cookies.

"nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
> avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

Harvey Van Sickle

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:53:01 GMT, nunya wrote

> Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
> avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

I use PurgeIE (www.purgeie.com) for this task -- not free, but usable
for 14 non-consecutive days. I was hooked on it after trying it out.

It cleans out all of this crud, along with the cache, history
(including *.dat files that you can only delete in DOS), stray cookies,
temp files, visited URLs, everything. (You can protect cookies and
cache you want to keep, of course; very configurable.)

I'm not sure if there's a freeware utility that does as much (I haven't
bothered searching for one since I found this.)

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

lsj7

nunya wrote:
> Is there any wat to get rid of tracking cookies like advertising.com,
> avenue a inc., doubleclick and mediaplex?

Most cookie get-rid-of-erz's usually don't get rid of them all. That is why
one should use more than one or two tools to do the chore. Another free one
is

www.winpatrol.com

--
lsj7

"Germany is sheerly swallowed up by the merchants and companies, by
means of usury. Usury lives all secure in Germany, and rages as if he
were God and lord in all lands; no one may oppose him."
_____________Martin Luther