Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do you close programs.

How do you close programs.

Denny B

How do you close individual programs before installing
new software.
I have used EndItAll for a long time and it worked fine.
However I recently updated EndItAll to v2 and I have
problems closing programs with it.

I have decided I will close the programs manually but have
forgotten how this is done.

Your assistance much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Denny B

Brian H供

Denny B said:

> How do you close individual programs before installing
> new software.
> I have used EndItAll for a long time and it worked fine.
> However I recently updated EndItAll to v2 and I have
> problems closing programs with it.
>
> I have decided I will close the programs manually but have
> forgotten how this is done.
>
> Your assistance much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Denny B

Ctrl+alt+del ?

Denny B

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kDidb.1194$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Denny B said:
>
> > How do you close individual programs before installing
> > new software.
> > I have used EndItAll for a long time and it worked fine.
> > However I recently updated EndItAll to v2 and I have
> > problems closing programs with it.
> >
> > I have decided I will close the programs manually but have
> > forgotten how this is done.
> >
> > Your assistance much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Denny B

> Ctrl+alt+del ?

Can you not bring up a box that shows
what programs are running.

Denny B

Brian H供

Denny B said:

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kDidb.1194$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Denny B said:
>>
>>> How do you close individual programs before installing
>>> new software.
>>> I have used EndItAll for a long time and it worked fine.
>>> However I recently updated EndItAll to v2 and I have
>>> problems closing programs with it.
>>>
>>> I have decided I will close the programs manually but have
>>> forgotten how this is done.
>>>
>>> Your assistance much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Denny B

>> Ctrl+alt+del ?

> Can you not bring up a box that shows
> what programs are running.
>
> Denny B

I can yes, because I have task Manager in my OS

癕ike

Most programs close from the menu bar, typically:

File / Exit
File / Close

Or from the system tray:

Right click / Exit
Right click / Close

Or similar.

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:07:22 -0600, in
<cBidb.908$(E-Mail Removed)>
Denny B scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

Denny B wrote:
> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kDidb.1194$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Denny B said:
>>
>>> How do you close individual programs before installing
>>> new software.
>>> I have used EndItAll for a long time and it worked fine.
>>> However I recently updated EndItAll to v2 and I have
>>> problems closing programs with it.
>>>
>>> I have decided I will close the programs manually but have
>>> forgotten how this is done.
>>>
>>> Your assistance much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Denny B

>> Ctrl+alt+del ?

> Can you not bring up a box that shows
> what programs are running.
>
> Denny B

That is what Ctrl+alt+del will do (brings up the 'TaskManager')

Rocky

Click on the X !!

Rocky said:

> Click on the X !!

OK, I clicked on the X and it highlighted.

>> File / Exit
>> File / Close
>>
>> Or from the system tray:
>>
>> Right click / Exit
>> Right click / Close
>>
>> Or similar.
>>

>> On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:07:22 -0600, in
>> <cBidb.908$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Denny B scrawled:
>>
>>> How do you close individual programs before installing
>>> new software.
>>> I have used EndItAll for a long time and it worked fine.
>>> However I recently updated EndItAll to v2 and I have
>>> problems closing programs with it.
>>>
>>> I have decided I will close the programs manually but have
>>> forgotten how this is done.
>>>
>>> Your assistance much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Denny B
>>>

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

癕ike

I clicked on the X and it sent the program to the system tray.
It's *still* open... NEXT!

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:09:31 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Rocky scrawled:

>Click on the X !!
>

>> File / Exit
>> File / Close
>>
>> Or from the system tray:
>>
>> Right click / Exit
>> Right click / Close
>>
>> Or similar.
>>

>> On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:07:22 -0600, in
>> <cBidb.908$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Denny B scrawled:
>>
>> >How do you close individual programs before installing
>> >new software.
>> >I have used EndItAll for a long time and it worked fine.
>> >However I recently updated EndItAll to v2 and I have
>> >problems closing programs with it.
>> >
>> >I have decided I will close the programs manually but have
>> >forgotten how this is done.
>> >
>> >Your assistance much appreciated.
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance
>> >Denny B
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

Richard

Denny wrote:

> How do you close individual programs before installing
> new software.
> I have used EndItAll for a long time and it worked fine.
> However I recently updated EndItAll to v2 and I have
> problems closing programs with it.

> I have decided I will close the programs manually but have
> forgotten how this is done.

> Your assistance much appreciated.

> Thanks in advance
> Denny B

Of all the damn stupid troll type questions.
"It's been such a long time and I can't remember how to do it".
BARF!