Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > FTP Client

FTP Client

Laffctx

I am wanting an FTP client program and I am wondering which is a good client
to use? I am also gonna setup an FTP server and I could use some
recommendations on a server too.

I am running an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ with Windows 98SE which will use the FTP
client and a PIII 550 with Windows 98SE which will be used to run my server.

What would you all recommend?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Laffctx

Brian H¹©

Laffctx said:

> I am wanting an FTP client program and I am wondering which is a good client
> to use? I am also gonna setup an FTP server and I could use some
> recommendations on a server too.
>
> I am running an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ with Windows 98SE which will use the FTP
> client and a PIII 550 with Windows 98SE which will be used to run my server.
>
> What would you all recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance for all your help,
>
> Laffctx

www.argosoft.com

Roy

I use Ace FTP as a cliente and Serv-U as a server. Both are very easy to set
up and reliable

"Laffctx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am wanting an FTP client program and I am wondering which is a good

client
> to use? I am also gonna setup an FTP server and I could use some
> recommendations on a server too.
>
> I am running an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ with Windows 98SE which will use the

FTP
> client and a PIII 550 with Windows 98SE which will be used to run my

server.

> What would you all recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance for all your help,
>
> Laffctx

why?

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:23:12 -0700, Laffctx wrote:

>I am wanting an FTP client program and I am wondering which is a good client
>to use? I am also gonna setup an FTP server and I could use some
>recommendations on a server too.

<snip>

Have a search in 24HSHD, this question pops up fairly often.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...pport.helpdesk
try 'ftp server' first.

Me

John Williams

WSFTPLE is a free one and very good

http://www.ipswitch.com/
"Laffctx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I am wanting an FTP client program and I am wondering which is a good

client
> to use? I am also gonna setup an FTP server and I could use some
> recommendations on a server too.
>
> I am running an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ with Windows 98SE which will use the

FTP
> client and a PIII 550 with Windows 98SE which will be used to run my

server.

> What would you all recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance for all your help,
>
> Laffctx

°Mike°

Blaze FTP is free
http://www.flashpeak.com/blazeftp/

Or you could go for WS_FTP
http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP/

and WS_FTP Server
http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP-Server/

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:23:12 -0700, in
<Zefdb.24987$gv5.12028@fed1read05>
Laffctx scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Richard

Laffctx wrote:

> I am wanting an FTP client program and I am wondering which is a good
> client
> to use? I am also gonna setup an FTP server and I could use some
> recommendations on a server too.

> I am running an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ with Windows 98SE which will use
> the FTP
> client and a PIII 550 with Windows 98SE which will be used to run my
> server.

> What would you all recommend?

> Thanks in advance for all your help,

> Laffctx

http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~jdebis/...downloads.html

Leech is quick and simple drag and drop.
No developments since the last edition in 1999 but still an excellent FREE
program.