Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > duplicate folders V2

duplicate folders V2

anOLDun

Hi
Many thanks for the replies

I use both hard drives but PC boots up from D drive

I have folders in both drives that i use all the time.

I downloaded "system mechanic" as suggested and ran the "dup check" option -
which obviously found tons of dupes.

QUESTION

If i deleted the "dupes" from my C drive BUT a folder in my C drive needed
some of the deleted data would the PC "know" to look in my D drive?

I'm guessing the answer is no - but just wanted to make sure.

IF the answer is no........

Can i cut and paste the folders i use from my C drive to my D drive then
delete the C drive dupes. Then if a " tansfered" file needed the info it
would auto check my D drive for it and NOT the C drive?

Again .if the answer is no .. which i suspect it will be

Is my ONLY option to re install the files into my D drive and then delete
the C drive data.

I think i should clarify.........
the files on my C drive i am talking about are 2 types ( i think)

1 .. folder i create to house say some of my drawings
2 .. programmes i use for designing say Photoshop

There will not be dupes of these folders on my D drive
BUT if i cut and paste say my Photoshop folder and then fire it up will it
find the required data in my D drive or will it try and look for it in the
now deleted "system"(?) folder on my C drive.

I need to go lie down in a darkened room.

Hope the above has not caused toooooo much confusion

many thanks