Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Umax 1210P scanner

Umax 1210P scanner

zigi

Does anyone know how I can get this scanner to work under Windows 98 SE?
There does not appear to be a driver available on the Umax web-site and I
have tried the 95 driver which doesn't help.

Juan Pérez

Hi, zigi,
Someone at this site claims to have good results using this 95nt beta
with their 98 and state they think it may work with other 98 versions
(se).
<http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/73/73166.htm>

You could visit other UMAX driver sites here as well.
<http://tinyurl.com/ougp>
Good luck!
--
Juan

zigi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VC8db.125455$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how I can get this scanner to work under Windows 98

SE?
> There does not appear to be a driver available on the Umax web-site

and I
> have tried the 95 driver which doesn't help.

zigi

Thanks Juan, that was the driver I have already installed. The Umax site
does not offer any support for Win 98 at all and e-mailing them has brought
no reply. When I say I couldn't get it to work, ...not quite true. It does
"work" but doesn't scan properly. Everything comes out greenish, even when
I try to change the colour mix nothing scans at the right colours. The
scanner is a good one and worked very well under Win 98, then my friend got
a virus and I could only get the computer to work using Win98SE. Now I am
battling with the scanner. I have trawled the web for ages, even other
message boards and newsgroups, with no luck. My friend is really broke at
the moment and keeps wanting me to try to get the Umax to work, even though
I can get a new scanner for him under $100 that has a higher DPI~~

I haven't the heart to try to reinstall everything using Win 98, as I had no
luck first time around and have spent WAY too much of my time on his
computer.

Nice to still see you in this newsgroup! I didn't think I would get a reply
from a familiar "voice"...thanks!~!

"Juan Pérez" <Juan234@.5678.spaz.spa> wrote in message
news:c29db.13150$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> Hi, zigi,
> Someone at this site claims to have good results using this 95nt beta
> with their 98 and state they think it may work with other 98 versions
> (se).
> <http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/73/73166.htm>
>
> You could visit other UMAX driver sites here as well.
> <http://tinyurl.com/ougp>
> Good luck!
> --
> Juan
>
> zigi <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:VC8db.125455$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does anyone know how I can get this scanner to work under Windows 98

> SE?
> > There does not appear to be a driver available on the Umax web-site

> and I
> > have tried the 95 driver which doesn't help.

Juan Pérez

Sorry it didn't work for you, even though I'm not surprised. I used a
UMAX scanner on 95 for years but the head won't move when trying it on
98se. So, it's now down to buying another scanner or to keep on keeping
on. Nice to see you nipping back in (when you do).