Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook PST Error

Outlook PST Error

Ben Lord

Hi there,

I've got Windows XP on my laptop and up until this week was using this as my
main system.

It has Outlook 2000 on it and I've just got a system with Windows 2000 and
Outlook 2000 on it.

I want to transfer all my e-mails from the laptop via. the PST into the new
Win 2000/Outlook 2000 PC. I have retrieved the Outlook.pst file from the
laptop and burnt this to CD-R, put it onto my PC OK but then when I got to
the Import/Export command in Outlook, its not actually doing anything
towards importing the items in.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

--
Kind Regards
Ben Lord

Rob

All you need to do is point outlook to look at the PST file. You don't need
to import. Copy it to someplace on the hard drive first, else you won't be
able to download any new mail or modify the addressbook.

--
Rob B
http://www.techhowto.org

"Ben Lord" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bl261o$ot0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I've got Windows XP on my laptop and up until this week was using this as

my
> main system.
>
> It has Outlook 2000 on it and I've just got a system with Windows 2000 and
> Outlook 2000 on it.
>
> I want to transfer all my e-mails from the laptop via. the PST into the

new
> Win 2000/Outlook 2000 PC. I have retrieved the Outlook.pst file from the
> laptop and burnt this to CD-R, put it onto my PC OK but then when I got to
> the Import/Export command in Outlook, its not actually doing anything
> towards importing the items in.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
>
> --
> Kind Regards
> Ben Lord
> The New Inkjet Company

Techtiger4 Techtiger4 is offline
Junior Member

I think you should first copy the PST file on your system's hard disk and then try to import it in Outlook. But if you still have any problem then it simply means your PST file has been damaged and need to be repaired. You can repair the PST file by using Nucleus's Outlook repair software that can be downloaded from Nucleus's Website.