Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP shutdown

XP shutdown

Bob

Any help is appreciated. I have a problem when I try to shutdown XP Pro.
It hangs and I have to use the start switch to be able to shutdown. Can any
one tell me how to correct this problem???.

Best regards,

Bob

Ed

news:gD0db.26955$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Any help is appreciated. I have a problem when I try to shutdown XP Pro.
> It hangs and I have to use the start switch to be able to shutdown. Can

any
> one tell me how to correct this problem???.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bob

Is your anti-virus set to do any scanning (e.g. floppy drive) at shutdown?

Rob B

http://asia.cnet.com/itmanager/tech/...9086135,00.htm

news:gD0db.26955$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Any help is appreciated. I have a problem when I try to shutdown XP Pro.
> It hangs and I have to use the start switch to be able to shutdown. Can

any
> one tell me how to correct this problem???.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bob

°Mike°

Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP

Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:41:21 -0400, in
<gD0db.26955$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bob scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Bob

Thank you Rob B. I got it.

"Rob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://asia.cnet.com/itmanager/tech/...9086135,00.htm
>

> "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gD0db.26955$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Any help is appreciated. I have a problem when I try to shutdown XP

Pro.
> > It hangs and I have to use the start switch to be able to shutdown. Can

> any
> > one tell me how to correct this problem???.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Bob

Bob

Thank you Mike. I appreciate your help.

Bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
>
> Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
>

> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:41:21 -0400, in
> <gD0db.26955$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Bob scrawled:
>
> >Any help is appreciated. I have a problem when I try to shutdown XP Pro.
> >It hangs and I have to use the start switch to be able to shutdown. Can

any
> >one tell me how to correct this problem???.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >
> >Bob
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:07:46 -0400, in
<pp5db.27229$(E-Mail Removed)>
Bob scrawled:

>Thank you Mike. I appreciate your help.
>
>Bob

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
>>
>> Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
>>

>> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:41:21 -0400, in
>> <gD0db.26955$(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Bob scrawled:
>>
>> >Any help is appreciated. I have a problem when I try to shutdown XP Pro.
>> >It hangs and I have to use the start switch to be able to shutdown. Can

>any
>> >one tell me how to correct this problem???.
>> >
>> >Best regards,
>> >
>> >Bob
>> >

>> --
>> Basic computer maintenance

Basic computer maintenance

Gordon

Thanks to rob b for info on shutdown probs in xp.
Have cured a problem for me as well, had no idea there were issues with
roxio and xp
Ta!
G..
"Rob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://asia.cnet.com/itmanager/tech/...9086135,00.htm
>

> "Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gD0db.26955$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Any help is appreciated. I have a problem when I try to shutdown XP

Pro.
> > It hangs and I have to use the start switch to be able to shutdown. Can

> any
> > one tell me how to correct this problem???.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Bob

x64 shutdown issues =?Utf-8?B?RGF2QVJlaQ==?= Microsoft Certification 4 05-31-2005 12:26 PM
Slow shutdown Bill Wireless Networking 7 01-30-2005 01:59 AM
Unexpected Shutdown Myrt Webb Wireless Networking 3 11-10-2004 02:02 AM
Unable to use "shutdown" command on the network Vals56 Wireless Networking 0 10-01-2004 07:54 PM
CIM shutdown Domain BackUp JohnNews Cisco 1 12-05-2003 02:54 AM

Advertisments