From: Ms Net Email Storage
Subject: Report
Size: 1.5K

From: Inet Email Service
Subject: Error Advice
Size: 139.5K

Should I delete them?

Ima

-----

°Mike°

If they are unsolicited, and contain attachments, delete them.

Online Antivirus scanners:
--------------------------
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/hous...start_corp.asp
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

** Caveat:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...3-07/0240.html

Anti-virus programs:
--------------------
eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

Vet (Computer Associates)
http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

NOD32
http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

KAV
http://www.kaspersky.com/

Norman Virus Control
http://www.norman.com/products_nvc.shtml

F-Prot
http://www.f-prot.com/download/

AVG
http://www.grisoft.com/

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 16:49:13 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Ima Goodlay scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jammer

It looks like these viruses are changing from line and subject line. Im
getting new ones too.
Right now I have a few rules made up. There are different rules that help.
But one of the programs I use
is http://www.indefense.com and Norton Antivirus. I also have a program
called deepfeeze which locks the computer.
To answer your question ,yes delete it.
Also get http://www.mailwasher.com and the mail before it gets downloaded.

Good luck,
Jammer

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Ima Goodlay <(E-Mail Removed)> typed: with a
> I've received messages that I didn't opened. These were received
> through an internet e-mail account which does not scan for virsues.
>
> From: Ms Net Email Storage
> Subject: Report
> Size: 1.5K
>
> From: Inet Email Service
> Subject: Error Advice
> Size: 139.5K
>
> Should I delete them?
>
> Ima
>
> -----

TRADESMAN

Ima Goodlay wrote:
> I've received messages that I didn't opened. These were received
> through an internet e-mail account which does not scan for virsues.
>
> From: Ms Net Email Storage
> Subject: Report
> Size: 1.5K
>
> From: Inet Email Service
> Subject: Error Advice
> Size: 139.5K
>
> Should I delete them?
>
> Ima
>
> Yep they certainly are and it looks like a big new wave of the shits are

coming.
Been free of them for nearly a week and just when you thought it was safe to
Trouble is, this lot appear to have Brains.As fast as you make a message
rule... the quicker they change their format.
Have counted 17 seperate blacklists on Mailwasher since yesterday!

Blinky the Shark

TRADESMAN wrote:

> Ima Goodlay wrote:
>> I've received messages that I didn't opened. These were received
>> through an internet e-mail account which does not scan for virsues.

>> From: Ms Net Email Storage
>> Subject: Report
>> Size: 1.5K

>> From: Inet Email Service
>> Subject: Error Advice
>> Size: 139.5K

>> Should I delete them?

>> Ima

>> Yep they certainly are and it looks like a big new wave of the shits are

> coming.
> Been free of them for nearly a week and just when you thought it was safe to
> Trouble is, this lot appear to have Brains.As fast as you make a message
> rule... the quicker they change their format.
> Have counted 17 seperate blacklists on Mailwasher since yesterday!

While I wasn't one of the 2,000-per-day guys, I got at least a hundred
of them. Haven't seen any in a couple days, now -- BUT I'm not trying
to play out-guess-the-Subject-header. I'm server-deleting
(automatically, on normally-scheduled mail runs, with my email client itself)
anything that fits these criteria (simplified and pseudo code):

TO does NOT include any of [three keywords, one of which will be left-of-@ in
all of my email addresses]

AND

SIZE is 140,000-161,000.

A weird or broken 1.2kb swen got through, a couple of days ago. That's
it, so far, once I got those size parameters settled.

--
Blinky Linux RU 297263
NEW 9/25/03: