Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > start up programs

start up programs

Beth Mitchell

I have some programs that are coming up whenever I start up my machine.
They are not pop ups. More like programs that someone said yes to when
downloading something else. Is there a startup file that lists everything
that starts automatically? Where do I find it and can I stop programs using
it?

Beth

Richard

Beth Mitchell wrote:
> I have some programs that are coming up whenever I start up my
> machine. They are not pop ups. More like programs that someone said
> yes to when downloading something else. Is there a startup file that
> lists everything that starts automatically? Where do I find it and
> can I stop programs using it?

Hi Beth

Start reading here:
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.htm

°Mike°

Check what's necessary and what isn't
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup...tartup_all.php

StartupList
http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

Startup Control Panel
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Startup Monitor
http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:48:33 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Beth Mitchell scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Alan

two places u can check are in your startup group (found in all programs -
startup) and in the system itself. u do this by typing msconfig at a
command prompt (or in the run dialog). goto the 'startup' tab and you'll
find a list of the programs that are loaded at startup, and u can stop the
program from loading up if u wish by deselecting it. to check what the
program does u can check out the links listed in the other replies

alan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...