Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Error creating a folder in windows 98se

Error creating a folder in windows 98se

Hung KH

Hi, when I right click my harddisk and select new, folder, I get the
message: Ptoblem creating object! Access is denied.

How do I overcome this. The harddisk has 184 items in root, total 55 MB.
There are 18 folders totalling 2.4 GB. The harddisk is 20 GB in size. OS
is Win 98SE.

Thanks

°Mike°

How have you set up 'New' menu on a right click? It is not
available in a default Windows 98/SE setup.

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 05:45:48 +0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Hung KH scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jerry G.

Can you make a folder in any other sub folder???

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm

"Hung KH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi, when I right click my harddisk and select new, folder, I get the
message: Ptoblem creating object! Access is denied.

How do I overcome this. The harddisk has 184 items in root, total 55 MB.
There are 18 folders totalling 2.4 GB. The harddisk is 20 GB in size. OS
is Win 98SE.

Thanks

Hung @ PC2

I meant after I open the hardisk in Explorer and right click at right pane
of explorer. Anyway, the problem disppaeared after I restart my computer the
next day.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How have you set up 'New' menu on a right click? It is not
> available in a default Windows 98/SE setup.
>

> On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 05:45:48 +0800, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Hung KH scrawled:
>
> >Hi, when I right click my harddisk and select new, folder, I get the
> >message: Ptoblem creating object! Access is denied.
> >
> >How do I overcome this. The harddisk has 184 items in root, total 55 MB.
> >There are 18 folders totalling 2.4 GB. The harddisk is 20 GB in size. OS
> >is Win 98SE.
> >
> >Thanks

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Hung @ PC2

The problem has gone after a reboot. Thanks.

Hung

news:bkvs8b$g5v$(E-Mail Removed)...