Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Virus e-mails

Virus e-mails

Brian H供

Well, to all those who have posted over the past few months saying "OE is
blocking attachments, how do I access them?", and received the answer "Tools |
Options | Security | uncheck the box marked "Do not allow attachments to be
saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" along with comments of the
style, be careful not to open attachments, scan your e-mail before opening
attachments, turn off your preview pane etc etc, all I can say is, *you* are now
reaping the rewards of your stupidity, and should put your pc's back in their
boxes and take them back to the shops you bought them from.

Herbert West

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:25:04 +0100, "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Well, to all those who have posted over the past few months saying "OE is
>blocking attachments, how do I access them?", and received the answer "Tools |
>Options | Security | uncheck the box marked "Do not allow attachments to be
>saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" along with comments of the
>style, be careful not to open attachments, scan your e-mail before opening
>attachments, turn off your preview pane etc etc, all I can say is, *you* are now
>reaping the rewards of your stupidity,

As are the rest of us who are the innocent victims of their infected
systems re-mailing the worms by the millions.

> and should put your pc's back in their
>boxes and take them back to the shops you bought them from.

(and leave trhem there).

-herb-

Brian H供

Herbert West said:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:25:04 +0100, "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, to all those who have posted over the past few months saying "OE is
>> blocking attachments, how do I access them?", and received the answer "Tools
>> | Options | Security | uncheck the box marked "Do not allow attachments to be
>> saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" along with comments of the
>> style, be careful not to open attachments, scan your e-mail before opening
>> attachments, turn off your preview pane etc etc, all I can say is, *you* are
>> now reaping the rewards of your stupidity,

> As are the rest of us who are the innocent victims of their infected
> systems re-mailing the worms by the millions.

Yes, I did omit that important part.

>> and should put your pc's back in their
>> boxes and take them back to the shops you bought them from.

> (and leave trhem there).

> -herb-

Mara

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:23:53 GMT, Herbert West wrote:

>On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:25:04 +0100, "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Well, to all those who have posted over the past few months saying "OE is
>>blocking attachments, how do I access them?", and received the answer "Tools |
>>Options | Security | uncheck the box marked "Do not allow attachments to be
>>saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" along with comments of the
>>style, be careful not to open attachments, scan your e-mail before opening
>>attachments, turn off your preview pane etc etc, all I can say is, *you* are now
>>reaping the rewards of your stupidity,

>As are the rest of us who are the innocent victims of their infected
>systems re-mailing the worms by the millions.
>
>> and should put your pc's back in their
>>boxes and take them back to the shops you bought them from.

>(and leave trhem there).

There is no problem a luser can possibly cause that cannot be cured by the
suitable application of thermite.

--
If it adjusts their attitude towards the desired goal, then it's a LART,
even if it doesn't leave blood stains." -- Paul Tomblin

Juan P閞ez

Brian H供 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news2Jcb.4404$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, to all those who have posted over the past few months saying "OE

is
> blocking attachments, how do I access them?", and received the answer

"Tools |
> Options | Security | uncheck the box marked "Do not allow attachments

to be
> saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" along with comments

of the
> style, be careful not to open attachments, scan your e-mail before

opening
> attachments, turn off your preview pane etc etc, all I can say is,

*you* are now
> reaping the rewards of your stupidity, and should put your pc's back

in their
> boxes and take them back to the shops you bought them from.

Hear, hear!
Well said!