Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > epson perfection 1200U scanner

epson perfection 1200U scanner

Sligo

Went to use the scanner and found it difficult to open top.
Had to pry it off. Looks like cup of milk was spilled on the top and
migrated to innards. The milk is on the bottom side of the glass.
Is the top removable and if so please give directions.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

Patrick

Sligo wrote:
> Went to use the scanner and found it difficult to open top.
> Had to pry it off. Looks like cup of milk was spilled on the top and
> migrated to innards. The milk is on the bottom side of the glass.
> Is the top removable and if so please give directions.
> Thank you,
> Seamus J. Wilson

I do know that the 'Flap' is removavable (not much help so far).

I have taken apart an older 'Epson' scanner to clean the inside of the
glass.

Before you try, I'd lock the 'carriage' in to place (a lever or something on
the side).
Look underneath for screws (~4 of say) that are holding the top on, undo
them.
Hopefully you'll now be able to lift the top off.
Take care here of cables that may be attached to the top, it may be that you
need to 'fold' the top-part away from the body in a particular direction, or
it may be feasable to disconnect the cables.

If managed to get this far, then clean the glass well and carefully put it
together again.

Sorry I can't help much, but thought that I might afford a little
moral-support.

Best wishes Patrick