Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BlueTooth (PC to cell phone)

BlueTooth (PC to cell phone)

Jack B. Pollack

My new cell phone is BlueTooth enabled. I was considering getting a card so
I could communicate with my laptop. Does anyone know what the approximate
connection speed over a BlueTooth cell phone is (eg. is it in the 56K range,
or faster)?

Do I just get any BlueTooth PCMCIA, or USB card or do I need other things
(or special cards)?

Any other feedback would be appreciated?

Thanks

Dan A. McGaffey

When I down load a program in netscape, it has begun to add the extension
..8bf to the file so it will not automatically start or install. that is the
program Name will be something like programx.exe.8bf. I can save it to file
and rename it to remove the extra extension but I would rather stop netscape
from doing this.
Any ideas?
Dan

HamMan

"Dan A. McGaffey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> When I down load a program in netscape, it has begun to add the extension
> .8bf to the file so it will not automatically start or install. that is

the
> program Name will be something like programx.exe.8bf. I can save it to

file
> and rename it to remove the extra extension but I would rather stop

netscape
> from doing this.
> Any ideas?
> Dan

Well this is a mashed up thread isnt it....

trout

Dan A. McGaffey wrote:

> When I down load a program in netscape, it has begun to add the
> extension .8bf to the file so it will not automatically start or
> install. that is the program Name will be something like
> programx.exe.8bf. I can save it to file and rename it to remove the
> extra extension but I would rather stop netscape from doing this.
> Any ideas?
> Dan

I don't know anything about Netscape. But you need to do two things.
Don't post a question in reply to another question. And, don't use a
subject line in a new post with "re". It is automatically added to
actual replies.
The way you have posted this has practically guaranteed that you
won't get an answer.
--
"Nor did the original poster; whose thread you hijacked."