Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to get to the bottom......

How to get to the bottom......

TRADESMAN

Trying ouy quotefix for the first time today and can't get the cursor past
the last quotes to bottom post.
Have tried cursor top/bottom and bottom/top in the popup box but no
difference.
TIA.

Brian H

TRADESMAN said:

> Trying ouy quotefix for the first time today and can't get the cursor past
> the last quotes to bottom post.
> Have tried cursor top/bottom and bottom/top in the popup box but no
> difference.
> TIA.

Try closing then reopening OE after modifications so the ini file can be reread
into memory.

trout

TRADESMAN wrote:

> Trying ouy quotefix for the first time today and can't get the cursor
> past the last quotes to bottom post.
> Have tried cursor top/bottom and bottom/top in the popup box but no
> difference.
> TIA.

Not sure what you mean, here. There's just the one box; "position
cursor at top". If you leave it *unchecked*, your cursor should be at
the bottom by default.
Of course, the message window will still open 'at the top', and you
need to scroll down to where the cursor is.
--
"Not happening for you?"

TRADESMAN

Sorry didn't put it very well.
By popup box I mean't the menu which appears when the tray icon is right
clicked.
In the dialog box Ive left the cursor box unchecked.
As you say,when I post,the cursor is at the top but when Iscroll down it
reaches the bottom line of the last message and stops.
The only way I can bottom post is to delete the last line.

TRADESMAN said:

> Sorry didn't put it very well.
> By popup box I mean't the menu which appears when the tray icon is right
> clicked.
> In the dialog box Ive left the cursor box unchecked.
> As you say,when I post,the cursor is at the top but when Iscroll down it
> reaches the bottom line of the last message and stops.
> The only way I can bottom post is to delete the last line.
> trout wrote:
>> TRADESMAN wrote:
>>
>>> Trying ouy quotefix for the first time today and can't get the cursor
>>> past the last quotes to bottom post.
>>> Have tried cursor top/bottom and bottom/top in the popup box but no
>>> difference.
>>> TIA.

>> Not sure what you mean, here. There's just the one box; "position
>> cursor at top". If you leave it *unchecked*, your cursor should be at
>> the bottom by default.
>> Of course, the message window will still open 'at the top', and
>> you need to scroll down to where the cursor is.

What happens if you hit the enter key?

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"TRADESMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkuq8a$69lre$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Sorry didn't put it very well.
> By popup box I mean't the menu which appears when the tray icon is right
> clicked.
> In the dialog box Ive left the cursor box unchecked.
> As you say,when I post,the cursor is at the top but when Iscroll down it
> reaches the bottom line of the last message and stops.
> The only way I can bottom post is to delete the last line.

Hit the "END" key, then "ENTER".

What's happened is the message you're replying to? The person
posting wasn't quite bright enough to put an enter at the end of his/her
last line.

RwP

trout

TRADESMAN wrote:

> Sorry didn't put it very well.
> By popup box I mean't the menu which appears when the tray icon is
> right clicked.
> In the dialog box Ive left the cursor box unchecked.
> As you say,when I post,the cursor is at the top but when Iscroll down
> it reaches the bottom line of the last message and stops.
> The only way I can bottom post is to delete the last line.

I'm still having difficulty with what you're describing. As long as
the box is unchecked (and disregarding the right-click menu options you
mention), if you close the application, and then re-open it (as Brian
noted); the cursor should be placed on a blank line, after a space, at
the *bottom* of all quoted material.
Aside from this; I don't understand why you'd need to delete
anything (with or without Quotefix) in order to place your cursor where
you want to. Even without the program; you'd just scroll down the window
(with the mouse-wheel, or the scroll-bar at the right side of the
window), use your mouse to click and position the cursor at the last
available position at the end of the quoted text; and press "Enter" a
couple of times to accomplish the same thing.
--
"Am I missing something here?"

trout wrote:
> TRADESMAN wrote:
>
>> Sorry didn't put it very well.
>> By popup box I mean't the menu which appears when the tray icon is
>> right clicked.
>> In the dialog box Ive left the cursor box unchecked.
>> As you say,when I post,the cursor is at the top but when Iscroll down
>> it reaches the bottom line of the last message and stops.
>> The only way I can bottom post is to delete the last line.

> I'm still having difficulty with what you're describing. As long
> as the box is unchecked (and disregarding the right-click menu
> options you mention), if you close the application, and then re-open
> it (as Brian noted); the cursor should be placed on a blank line,
> after a space, at the *bottom* of all quoted material.
> Aside from this; I don't understand why you'd need to delete
> anything (with or without Quotefix) in order to place your cursor
> where you want to. Even without the program; you'd just scroll down
> the window (with the mouse-wheel, or the scroll-bar at the right side
> of the window), use your mouse to click and position the cursor at
> the last available position at the end of the quoted text; and press
> "Enter" a couple of times to accomplish the same thing.
>
>> trout wrote:

>>> Not sure what you mean, here. There's just the one box;
>>> "position cursor at top". If you leave it *unchecked*, your cursor
>>> should be at the bottom by default.
>>> Of course, the message window will still open 'at the top', and
>>> you need to scroll down to where the cursor is.

Thankyou one and all!!
Did as you suggested and shutting down OE worked.
My nerves jangle when working with a new program...I keep waiting for a
crash bang wallop.