Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Losing DSL connection

Losing DSL connection

Crap Master

Hi. I'm not sure whhat the right group might be...

I have had dsl for a while now with no problems until the last few
days. Every day, I approach my computer at some point during the day,
and it says that it's not connected to the internet. If I remove the
modem driver and network adapter, then reinstall them then it comes
back on again. The modem uses usb or ethernet, and the problem and
solution are identical no matter how I connect it. I'm not aware
enough on what the settings should be to know if they're somehow being
changed. Any help would be appreciated!

Kraftee

Crap Master wrote:
> Hi. I'm not sure whhat the right group might be...
>
> I have had dsl for a while now with no problems until the last few
> days. Every day, I approach my computer at some point during the
> day, and it says that it's not connected to the internet. If I
> remove the modem driver and network adapter, then reinstall them
> then it comes back on again. The modem uses usb or ethernet, and
> the problem and solution are identical no matter how I connect it.
> I'm not aware enough on what the settings should be to know if
> they're somehow being changed. Any help would be appreciated!

A lot more information is required but you could check to see if it's
your 'power save' function causing your connection to bomb out..

--
B-)

Don't practice safe hex.......
do it!!