Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > virus emails

virus emails

TERRY PETERS

I have recieved about 150 emails with viruses that was detected by Norton Anti-Virus most of them was fraudently representing themselves as Microsoft with updates,I know that Microsoft don't send updates as emails;in the properties of the emails under the details tab it has information from the IP address an says verified.
Can you direct me to who I need to contact at Microsoft so they may investigate an possibibly prosicute these people?

Please respond to my email address!

Ionizer

First I've heard of this problem. Emails claiming to be from Microsoft?
That's weird.

"TERRY PETERS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I have recieved about 150 emails with viruses that was detected by Norton
Anti-Virus most of them was fraudently representing themselves as Microsoft
with updates,I know that Microsoft don't send updates as emails;in the
properties of the emails under the details tab it has information from the
IP address an says verified.
Can you direct me to who I need to contact at Microsoft so they may
investigate an possibibly prosicute these people?

Please respond to my email address!

Boomer

TERRY PETERS wrote:

> I have recieved about 150 emails with viruses that was detected
> by Norton Anti-Virus most of them was fraudently representing
> themselves as Microsoft with updates,I know that Microsoft don't
> send updates as emails;in the properties of the emails under the
> details tab it has information from the IP address an says
> verified. Can you direct me to who I need to contact at
> Microsoft so they may investigate an possibibly prosicute these
> people?

[snip the HTML]

Please post in plain text.

Also, you might want to read the gillions of Q & A's already posted
here.

--
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Boomer

TERRY PETERS wrote:
[snip]
> Can you direct me to who I need to contact at
> Microsoft so they may investigate an possibibly prosicute these
> people?

[snip]

Bill Gates for all of the above. ;o)

Bryan

news:3f7233ca$0$9996$(E-Mail Removed) news.net
> TERRY PETERS wrote:
>
>> I have recieved about 150 emails with viruses that was detected
>> by Norton Anti-Virus most of them was fraudently representing
>> themselves as Microsoft with updates,I know that Microsoft don't
>> send updates as emails;in the properties of the emails under the
>> details tab it has information from the IP address an says
>> verified. Can you direct me to who I need to contact at
>> Microsoft so they may investigate an possibibly prosicute these
>> people?

> [snip the HTML]
>
> Please post in plain text.
>
> Also, you might want to read the gillions of Q & A's already posted
> here.

Working on "gillions" here!....

Boomer

Bryan wrote:

> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f7233ca$0$9996$(E-Mail Removed) news.net
>> TERRY PETERS wrote:
>>
>>> I have recieved about 150 emails with viruses that was
>>> detected by Norton Anti-Virus most of them was fraudently
>>> representing themselves as Microsoft with updates,I know that
>>> Microsoft don't send updates as emails;in the properties of
>>> the emails under the details tab it has information from the
>>> IP address an says verified. Can you direct me to who I need
>>> to contact at Microsoft so they may investigate an possibibly
>>> prosicute these people?

>> [snip the HTML]
>>
>> Please post in plain text.
>>
>> Also, you might want to read the gillions of Q & A's already
>> posted here.

> Working on "gillions" here!....

Gillions of vino?

Bryan

"Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Lyqcb.3544$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f7233ca$0$9996$(E-Mail Removed) news.net
>> TERRY PETERS wrote:
>>
>>> I have recieved about 150 emails with viruses that was detected
>>> by Norton Anti-Virus most of them was fraudently representing
>>> themselves as Microsoft with updates,I know that Microsoft don't
>>> send updates as emails;in the properties of the emails under the
>>> details tab it has information from the IP address an says
>>> verified. Can you direct me to who I need to contact at
>>> Microsoft so they may investigate an possibibly prosicute these
>>> people?

>> [snip the HTML]
>>
>> Please post in plain text.
>>
>> Also, you might want to read the gillions of Q & A's already posted
>> here.

> Working on "gillions" here!....

Ahhhh!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...F-8&q=gillions

( Got one on yer, Ms B )
lol

PS It's only because I respect and admire!
(Getting the excuses in first!)

Bryan

news:3f723563$0$9996$(E-Mail Removed) news.net
> Bryan wrote:
>
>> "Boomer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:3f7233ca$0$9996$(E-Mail Removed) news.net

>>> [snip the HTML]
>>>
>>> Please post in plain text.
>>>
>>> Also, you might want to read the gillions of Q & A's already
>>> posted here.

>> Working on "gillions" here!....
>>

> Gillions of vino?

I'll go for that! Be damned!
Pass me half a gillion over here!

Boomer

Bryan wrote:
[snip]

> (Getting the excuses in first!)

Good idea.

William Poaster

This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Thu, 25 Sep 2003
00:17:33 +0000, Boomer uttered this:

> TERRY PETERS wrote:
> [snip]
>> Can you direct me to who I need to contact at
>> Microsoft so they may investigate an possibibly prosicute these
>> people?

> [snip]
>
> Bill Gates for all of the above. ;o)

LOL!
Well actually....no, you can't. If you read M$ EULA *carefully*, they
can't be held responsible for *their* software damaging anything on *your*
machine! So, even if it has holes in it that you can drive a truck
through, & someone can hack your PC to Kingdom Come, they aren't
responsible. Wonderful isn't it? Heh.