Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Having problems with the Mouse problem

Having problems with the Mouse problem

Brian H供

Bryan said:

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:AYqcb.3742$%(E-Mail Removed)
>> Bryan said:
>>
>>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:bktcm1$1tu$(E-Mail Removed)

>>> Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
>>> As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped
>>> / not helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a
>>> load of old ... well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was
>>> to change to, say... 98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to
>>> jump in here), I think the OP would be somewhat better off.
>>> Mind you, this is JMO!
>>>

>> LOL, I missed the chance of using my newly acquired sig, so I'll
>> piggyback it here *eg*

> I wonder where you got that from?...
>
> lol
>
> <snippo de resto>

Bryan

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bktecd$71l$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hWqcb.3557$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bktcm1$1tu$(E-Mail Removed)
>>> "Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:swqcb.3542$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Cheers for the respect Bryan, but I still think it is overkill to
>>> scrap an OS for just a mouse problem.

>> Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
>> As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped
>> / not helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a
>> load of old ... well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was
>> to change to, say... 98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to
>> jump in here), I think the OP would be somewhat better off.
>> Mind you, this is JMO!
>>

> And a very good opinion Bryan (I spelt it correctly this time, sorry)
>
> How is it you are so different form all the others then Bryan, you
> aren't sarcastic, rude, in fact you are an absolute gent!
> Phil

<shrug>
It's the way I am!
<bigger shrug>
I've always found, (talking to children taught me), if you're nice... people
are nice back!
Mind you! I can be a real nasty bastard when I want to!
(so the wife says)
I used to run /own a doorstaff agency!
'Nuff said?

trout

Phil wrote:
<snip>

> I don't fully understand why so many guys on this newsgroup, you
> might be one of them, get so uptight when we don't take the trouble
> to remove the grisoft sig. Please explain why, and this really is an
> honest request...
>
> Phil.

In addition to the other information; a signature is supposed to be
properly delimited; that is, separated from the body of the post with a
dash, dash, space; hard return. That way, a properly configured
newsreader (even Outlook Express, if you use QuoteFix) will
automatically snip it off in reply messages.
That way, you can read a longer post without it being broken-up by
the same (meaningless) signature over and over again.
--
"It's tidy, it makes reading easier, and it's just the right thing to
do."

Phil

"Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tlrcb.3565$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bktecd$71l$(E-Mail Removed)
> > "Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:hWqcb.3557$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:bktcm1$1tu$(E-Mail Removed)

> >> Well, we know that the OP has a lot more probs than the mouse.
> >> As we know, it could be disc space, mem, et.al. All these are helped
> >> / not helped by the OS. WinME is, as I'm sure you're aware, is a
> >> load of old ... well, codswallop springs to mind, so if the OP was
> >> to change to, say... 98SE, XP Pro, 2K, (the Linux boyos are going to
> >> jump in here), I think the OP would be somewhat better off.
> >> Mind you, this is JMO!
> >>

> > And a very good opinion Bryan (I spelt it correctly this time, sorry)
> >
> > How is it you are so different form all the others then Bryan, you
> > aren't sarcastic, rude, in fact you are an absolute gent!
> > Phil

> <shrug>
> It's the way I am!
> <bigger shrug>
> I've always found, (talking to children taught me), if you're nice...

people
> are nice back!
> Mind you! I can be a real nasty bastard when I want to!
> (so the wife says)
> I used to run /own a doorstaff agency!
> 'Nuff said?

That would explain it then!
I was head bouncer at the Ambassador Bowling Lanes at Portsmouth UK, when it
first opened many (39 'ish) years ago!!!!

I new we had something in common........

---

Bryan

"Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bktg5r$c8j$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tlrcb.3565$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Phil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bktecd$71l$(E-Mail Removed)
>>> "Bryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:hWqcb.3557$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> And a very good opinion Bryan (I spelt it correctly this time,
>>> sorry)
>>>
>>> How is it you are so different form all the others then Bryan, you
>>> aren't sarcastic, rude, in fact you are an absolute gent!
>>> Phil

>> <shrug>
>> It's the way I am!
>> <bigger shrug>
>> I've always found, (talking to children taught me), if you're
>> nice... people are nice back!
>> Mind you! I can be a real nasty bastard when I want to!
>> (so the wife says)
>> I used to run /own a doorstaff agency!
>> 'Nuff said?
>>

> That would explain it then!
> I was head bouncer at the Ambassador Bowling Lanes at Portsmouth UK,
> when it first opened many (39 'ish) years ago!!!!
>
> I new we had something in common........
>

> ---

Phil

news:bktfq6$5qt45$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Phil wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > I don't fully understand why so many guys on this newsgroup, you
> > might be one of them, get so uptight when we don't take the trouble
> > to remove the grisoft sig. Please explain why, and this really is an
> > honest request...
> >
> > Phil.

> In addition to the other information; a signature is supposed to be
> properly delimited; that is, separated from the body of the post with a
> dash, dash, space; hard return. That way, a properly configured
> newsreader (even Outlook Express, if you use QuoteFix) will
> automatically snip it off in reply messages.
> That way, you can read a longer post without it being broken-up by
> the same (meaningless) signature over and over again.
> --
> "It's tidy, it makes reading easier, and it's just the right thing to
> do."

Thanks trout,
you are the second person I have chatted to who shows respect, for that
and your explanation, I thank you. All I need now is to find out how to
get the sig snipped automatically. So off I go to find this Quotefix!!!!

Phil

Just been to Outlook Express and can't find anything about Quotefix!
any pointers will be very much appreciated trout Thanks in advance!
Phil

---

Mara

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:18:54 -0700, trout wrote:

>Phil wrote:
><snip>
>
>> I don't fully understand why so many guys on this newsgroup, you
>> might be one of them, get so uptight when we don't take the trouble
>> to remove the grisoft sig. Please explain why, and this really is an
>> honest request...
>>
>> Phil.

> In addition to the other information; a signature is supposed to be
>properly delimited; that is, separated from the body of the post with a
>dash, dash, space; hard return. That way, a properly configured
>newsreader (even Outlook Express, if you use QuoteFix) will
>automatically snip it off in reply messages.
> That way, you can read a longer post without it being broken-up by
>the same (meaningless) signature over and over again.
>--
>"It's tidy, it makes reading easier, and it's just the right thing to
>do."

And it also makes the client more RFC-compliant.

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Phil

"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:18:54 -0700, trout wrote:
>
> >Phil wrote:
> ><snip>
> >
> >> I don't fully understand why so many guys on this newsgroup, you
> >> might be one of them, get so uptight when we don't take the trouble
> >> to remove the grisoft sig. Please explain why, and this really is an
> >> honest request...
> >>
> >> Phil.

> > In addition to the other information; a signature is supposed to be
> >properly delimited; that is, separated from the body of the post with a
> >dash, dash, space; hard return. That way, a properly configured
> >newsreader (even Outlook Express, if you use QuoteFix) will
> >automatically snip it off in reply messages.
> > That way, you can read a longer post without it being broken-up by
> >the same (meaningless) signature over and over again.
> >--
> >"It's tidy, it makes reading easier, and it's just the right thing to
> >do."

> And it also makes the client more RFC-compliant.
>
> --
> "No lusers were harmed in the creation of this usenet article.
> AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
> --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Well of Course Mara, I want to be RFC - compliant!!!
and as soon as I know what it means I will be, I promise!

Phil

---

Mara

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 02:41:27 +0100, Phil wrote:

>"Mara" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:18:54 -0700, trout wrote:

<snip>

>> > In addition to the other information; a signature is supposed to be
>> >properly delimited; that is, separated from the body of the post with a
>> >dash, dash, space; hard return. That way, a properly configured
>> >newsreader (even Outlook Express, if you use QuoteFix) will
>> >automatically snip it off in reply messages.
>> > That way, you can read a longer post without it being broken-up by
>> >the same (meaningless) signature over and over again.
>> >--
>> >"It's tidy, it makes reading easier, and it's just the right thing to
>> >do."

>> And it also makes the client more RFC-compliant.

<snipped borked sig>

>Well of Course Mara, I want to be RFC - compliant!!!
>and as soon as I know what it means I will be, I promise!

Well, here's a glimpse at what can happen if your host isn't:

http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/

<snipped another borked sig>

AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
--glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

Boomer

Phil wrote:

[snip]
> Just been to Outlook Express and can't find anything about
> Quotefix! any pointers will be very much appreciated trout
> Thanks in advance! Phil

[snip sig]

OE-Quotefix