Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is printer question allowed?

Is printer question allowed?

Donald

Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

Brian H

Donald said:

> Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

Nothing is off topic.

Rob B

Post away!

"Donald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bksrmk$5sk$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

why?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:35:55 +0000 (UTC), Donald wrote:

>Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

Yes, note this is an unmoderated international newsgroup. So anything
said below is my own opinion.

Hints on how to make good posts http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Don't post in HTML, also no binaries or SPAM. That generally applies to
most newsgroups anyway and gets a mention in your service providers AUP
/ T & C.

Me

why?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:35:55 +0000 (UTC), Donald wrote:

>Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

BTW , about your b.com antispam addy. It's reserved by IANA already. You
need to pick another.

whois -h whois.crsnic.net b.com ...
Redirecting to RESERVED-INTERNET ASSIGNED NUMBERS AUTHORITY
whois -h whois.iana.org b.com ...

IANA Whois Service
Domain: b.com
Name: IANA_RESERVED

Registrant:
Name: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
Address1: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330

How to munge an address
and from a Boomer post,
http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

Also see the reserved top level domain names here,
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt
note use of .invalid

Me

Donald

I have a problem with a HPCLJ8500 and hope someone can understand my
description and ID the part I require. On the far right hand side of the
CLEANING ROLLER unit, there is a white lever with a spring attach at the
bottom,and attached to a kinda looking bracket. I think this lever allows
the CLEANING ROLLER to move forward/backforward. Because this lever is
broken off along with the spring, its is causing GHOSTING image. I've tried
looking at the service manual, but with no joy.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, please help me ID the part.

TIA.

"Donald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bksrmk$5sk$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

RickMerrill

Donald wrote:

> Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

May we assume it is a COMPUTER printer? - RM

why?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:06:24 +0000 (UTC), Donald wrote:

>I have a problem with a HPCLJ8500 and hope someone can understand my
>description and ID the part I require. On the far right hand side of the

<snip>

Try the parts finder service. http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main
which lets you view online diagrams.

You may need to know the model reference, as well the choices are
Color LaserJet 8500 C3983A, C3984A, C3985A, C9737A, C9738A, C9739A

Me

why?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:18:23 GMT, RickMerrill wrote:

>Donald wrote:

>> Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

>May we assume it is a COMPUTER printer? - RM

You may. Who is this 'we' you mention?

Should not matter what type of printer, HPCLJ8500 reads as a -
Hewlett Packard Color Laser Jet 8500

Me

Donald

thank you "why?", for letting me know.