Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > cmos checksum error

cmos checksum error

pel

Just recently when i start my computer,it stops on a bootup screen ans says
CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR,LOADING DEFAULT SETTINGS.
What could be causing this?any ideas,the motherboard is a GIGABYTE 8KNXP.

PEL

goonads

its nackered

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"pel" <jackthe http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bksllf$6t0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just recently when i start my computer,it stops on a bootup screen ans

says
> CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR,LOADING DEFAULT SETTINGS.
> What could be causing this?any ideas,the motherboard is a GIGABYTE 8KNXP.
>
> PEL

Kenny

Change the battery, look here:

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/booterrGBER08-c.html
--

Kenny

"pel" <jackthe (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bksllf$6t0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just recently when i start my computer,it stops on a bootup screen ans

says
> CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR,LOADING DEFAULT SETTINGS.
> What could be causing this?any ideas,the motherboard is a GIGABYTE 8KNXP.
>
> PEL

°Mike°

Enter the BIOS and set the correct settings. Exit and save
the settings. You should also check the state of your
battery, while you are at it. Also, never disconnect the
power without shutting down first.

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:52:48 +0000 (UTC), in
<bksllf$6t0$(E-Mail Removed)>
"pel" <jackthe (E-Mail Removed)> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

sqr

Change the cmos battery....

--
sqr
Overseer: alt.os.windows-xp

"pel" <jackthe (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bksllf$6t0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just recently when i start my computer,it stops on a bootup screen ans

says
> CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR,LOADING DEFAULT SETTINGS.
> What could be causing this?any ideas,the motherboard is a GIGABYTE 8KNXP.
>
> PEL

pel

Many thanks,ive changed battery and everything is ok.

pel