Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Seven seas.

Seven seas.

Soup

Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

--
yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
Illegitimi non carborundrum

Boomer

Soup wrote:

> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

Have you searched for any sites yet?

--
Google.com is your friend.

Soup

Boomer wrote:
> Soup wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

> Have you searched for any sites yet?

Yup google searches for " seven seas" ; oceans+names+history ;
oceans+names ; oceans+"seven seas" etc
indeed all I can think off, but none of them seem to say the seven seas
contain the NORTH atlantic SOUTH atlantic NORTH pacific SOUTH pacific
(although those are oceans I have always believed they were part of the
seven seas.)
[proof for a quiz, no biggy]
--
yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
Illegitimi non carborundrum
www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

Steven Pilbeam

"Soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h3dcb.3833$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?
>
> --
> yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
> Illegitimi non carborundrum
> www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

The seven seas are the North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific,
South Pacific, Indian, Antarctic, and Arctic Oceans.

Boomer

Soup wrote:

> Boomer wrote:
>> Soup wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named
>>> ?

>> Have you searched for any sites yet?

> Yup google searches for " seven seas" ; oceans+names+history ;
> oceans+names ; oceans+"seven seas" etc
> indeed all I can think off, but none of them seem to say the
> seven seas
> contain the NORTH atlantic SOUTH atlantic NORTH pacific SOUTH
> pacific (although those are oceans I have always believed they
> were part of the seven seas.)
> [proof for a quiz, no biggy]

"7 seas"+names Third link down?

Soup

Soup wrote:
> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

Thanks all.

--

Steven Pilbeam wrote:
> "Soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h3dcb.3833$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?
>>
>> --
>> yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
>> Illegitimi non carborundrum
>> www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php
>>

> The seven seas are the North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific,
> South Pacific, Indian, Antarctic, and Arctic Oceans.

Thats what I thought Steven but it is good to have it confirmed.

--
yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
Illegitimi non carborundrum
www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

gangle

"Soup" wrote
> Steven Pilbeam wrote:
> > "Soup" wrote
> >> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

> > The seven seas are the North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific,
> > South Pacific, Indian, Antarctic, and Arctic Oceans.

> Thats what I thought Steven but it is good to have it confirmed.

--- , ------ , --

Patrick

Soup wrote:
> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

Heres all I could find (that wasn't about Crueses or Sinbad).

http://www.whoi.edu/info/seven-seas.html

Soup

Patrick wrote:
> Soup wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a website were the "seven seas" are named ?

> Heres all I could find (that wasn't about Crueses or Sinbad).
>
> http://www.whoi.edu/info/seven-seas.html

Yup most of the sites I looked at were about "Seven seas "cruises or about
the film "Sinbad and the seven seas".
Hadn't thought about the "ancient" meaning of seven just assumed the "seven
seas" were,
the north and south Atlantic
the north and south Pacific
the Indian
the Artic
and the Antartic ocean.

--
yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
Illegitimi non carborundum

(8-bit binary to two digit bcd) or (8-bit binary to two digit seven segment) Fangs VHDL 3 10-26-2008 06:41 AM
Seven Java Screensavers Leo Wong Java 13 03-16-2006 03:34 AM
Totally OT: The Disc Golf Twins turn Seven =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?= MCSE 6 03-21-2005 10:11 PM
XML for multilingual technical documentation - seven questions David Winter XML 4 01-10-2005 01:38 PM
Seven Day Rotation Script benny HTML 5 01-20-2004 12:04 AM

Advertisments